Someything Tells Me

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • L

lsushawn

$8 million dollars are appropriated for this commision. I wonder where all our tax money goes.:mad:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    He introduces this bill every first session after a new election. It's never gotten anywhere before but this time may be different.

He's introduced it for the last 20 years or more.

BayouBocephus

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Ponchatoula, LA
    (A) Whether the Government of the United States should offer a formal apology on behalf of the people of the United States for the perpetration of gross human rights violations on African slaves and their descendants.

I aint apologizing for S***!!! I didnt do anything wrong....If they are still upset about slavery nobody is forcing them to stay!!

BayouBocephus

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Ponchatoula, LA
    (C) Whether, in consideration of the Commission's findings, any form of compensation to the descendants of African slaves is warranted.

(D) If the Commission finds that such compensation is warranted, what should be the amount of compensation, what form of compensation should be awarded, and who should be eligible for such compensation.

Also..BULL****!!!

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    IIRC Gulfport and Biloxi were destroyed during Katrina, Galveston was destroyed during Ike, Cameron was washed away during Rita, don't hear them bitching about their federal dollars to rebuild and how they didn't have enough time to find a job/place to live please don't take away their fema housing...

Just drawing a parallel that maybe certain segments of our population feel more entitled than others.

L

lsushawn

I aint apologizing for S***!!! I didnt do anything wrong....If they are still upset about slavery nobody is forcing them to stay!!

looks like you already apologized, only you didn't know it.
    On July 30, 2008, the United States House of Representatives passed a resolution apologizing for American slavery and subsequent discriminatory laws,[8] but made no mention of reparations.[9]
    from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reparations_for_slavery about 1/4 way down.
    and here: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/29/house.slavery/index.html

flemgunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    lafayette
    I think they should get reparations from the tribes that went to war with their original tribes and sold em to the slave traders in the first place.
    As soon as the zulu's or who the hell ever pays up Ill throw in a buck

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    In 1860 there were at least six Negroes in Louisiana who owned 65 or more slaves The largest number, 152 slaves, were owned by the widow C. Richards and her son P.C. Richards, who owned a large sugar cane plantation. Another Negro slave magnate in Louisiana, with over 100 slaves, was Antoine Dubuclet, a sugar planter whose estate was valued at (in 1860 dollars) $264,000 (3). That year, the mean wealth of southern white men was $3,978 (4).

The things we dont learn in school...

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    the author of that article, Robert M. Grooms, is a black man.

It is a good article to show your whiney liberal friends or to post around to **** people off with the truth.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    They complain about how they need money for their ancestors being slaves, but they should be lucky their ancestors were brought here. Im sure they would much rather be in africa where they would be enslaved by their own people and get shot because they have a different nose or lips. They should be lucky they are here, not bit**ing about it.

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    slavery

that post about origins of slavery is right on and all the blacks I know here are
    aware of it.we all were slaves (ANCESTERS) at one time ==serfs===the marster was the lord of the castle.that would make a good letter to the editor.stick it to this legislature and demand he resign.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    My cajun ancestors got booted out of Nova Scotia by the British. Instead of bitching and moaning about it, they enlisted in the Opelousas Militia to get some payback during the American Revolution. I guess those so-called descendants of "slaves" just want more of what they're already getting - "free food, land, housing, health care, and money".

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom