Sonny Puzikas Beyond the firearm 2.5 Shreveport, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    What: Beyond The Firearm 2.5
    When: Saturday, October 9th to Sunday October 10th 2010
    Where: Location Information will be given to you with registration confirmation
    Shreveport, LA 71115
    Time: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
    Fee:$400.00 (made payable to Saulius Puzikas, send attention: Steven Joe, 15639 Hwy 1 South, Shreveport, LA 71115 ) LTPOA members, LE and Military, contact S. Joe about a special discounted rate.
    Topics to be covered:
    -Movement as a base for close range reactive armed engagements
    -Efficient displacement- horizontal, vertical and combinations thereof...
    -Gunfighting from lowered platforms- how to maintain mobility and 360 ability (material from the upcoming "Beyond the Firearm-3" DVD)
    -Enhancement of the ambidexterity in gun handling
    -Reactive shooting. It is different from marksmanship
    - Transitions between primary/secondary weapons. Primary to secondary AND
    secondary to primary
    -Long weapon disarms (From upcoming "Beyond the Firearm-3" DVD)
    Course Details: This course will entail tactics for the deployment of the AK series rifle (although you may use any type of rifle for the course). It will be taught by a former Spetsnaz (Russian Special Operations Soldier). There will be a substantial amount of new material the will be presented for the first time at this course.
    Students must bring note taking material, range gear, a training knife,
    an AK pattern rifle with sling (although you may use another type of rifle for the course) and 4 magazines, 500 rds. of rifle and 300 rds. of handgun ammo, inclement weather gear, a holster with their handgun and 3 magazines. The course is limited to 20 students. To register or for more information, contact Steven Joe at (318) 773-3934 or sajinc@hotmail.com.
    Firearms and ammo may be rented for the course, please advise when registering

OveractiveBrain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    If you look at the Beyond the Firearm videos, Sonny targets people with a good deal of physical fitness, and assumes you know fundamentals of stance, grip, and can fire a bunch of rounds down the line to hit your target. I think its more targeted for LEOs and Military more than it is the average joe. Saj, if Im wrong, let us know.

Sonny was on "Deadliest Warrior" representing the Spetznaz. Season 1: Rangers vs Spetznaz. Russians won, and ended up being the "most deadly" from season 1.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    By that course description I doubt this is an entry level course, you have to have previous background to being able to get the most ouf of this course, just my opinion so dont hang me for it.

Glad to see somebody who is focusing on teaching the AK platform though, its almost impossible to find a spot in Gabe Suarez AK courses.

saj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Sorry about that guys. Intro first, I'm LE here in Shreveport (22 yrs.). I'm a concealed carry instructor and LA POST firearm instructor. I was an adjunct instructor at Thunder Ranch Texas. I posted here because I felt that good training should not be limited to LE/military only.I've had Sonny and others up here in the past, but to a closed shop. I kind of feel like you get out what you put into something and I'm not going to tell people that this or that is above their expertise or capabllities, I've been surprised by quite a few people as to my perception of their abilities. This is not a class for you if you do not have safe firearms handling skills or are clueless about your guns. The last few classes, there were some civilians that attended that throughly enjoyed the class. Sonny's classes are physical, but he also tells you to sit out if you feel like it would be or cause a problem for you or other students. I've been very impressed with Sonny's professionalism and teaching abilities and just wanted to give good people (LE/Mil and normal people) an opportunity to meet and learn from him.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Could you maybe introduce yourself to the rest of us before you promote commercial things here?

Otherwise, welcome.

I have trained with these guys, and if I didn't have a wedding to go to that weekend (One of my Marines at that... Let me rephrase, if i wasn't IN it!):D

I'd be there.

GREAT bunch of guys, I wish I could be there and will hopefully make it next year.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I have trained with these guys, and if I didn't have a wedding to go to that weekend (One of my Marines at that... Let me rephrase, if i wasn't IN it!):D

I'd be there.

GREAT bunch of guys, I wish I could be there and will hopefully make it next year.

You talking about Sonny or the host?

I have heard good things about SOnny. Heard he is a lot like Gabe Suarez in his style. ANy truth to that?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Here's a quick video of Sonny....
    (Whoever posted this video murdered the spelling of "Spetsnaz":rolleyes:)
    Anyway- SP is a pretty tough dude....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB96LfLE-sA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB96LfLE-sA[/ame]

Top Bottom