Sons of Guns - I am done

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    LMAO yall sound like a bunch of women arguing over a damn soap opera, man thats some funny stuff! News flash people... "Reality" TV is NOT REAL!

****, man, Shows like this -are- soap operas... MAN soap operas. I'm under no illusions, here, I know why I watch. :rofl:

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Maybe because you were playing with a bb gun clone of the magpul when you decided to make one.

Yeah , and made a point to say that we wouldn't be taking that approach . We used it as a jumping off point , not a model . The point was to make a survival kit with a gun built into it , not a gun that simply folded up into a box .

Last edited:

zander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    I enjoy the show while keeping in mind that it is a TV show. Sons of Guns and Topshot are good for me because my wife enjoys them, and anything that gets her interested in guns is a good thing.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    no , why ? our thing was nothing like there's . Had a hinge in common was about it . We are however doing a couple other interesting project's with Magpul . We'll get into that when the time is right .

Ehh, to each their own. Between the flashlights and carry handle, it just made me think of their plastic-tastic creation...

Keep up the good work.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Ehh, to each their own. Between the flashlights and carry handle, it just made me think of their plastic-tastic creation...

Keep up the good work.
    Yeah , we started out looking at it , then moved far far away . We're looking at a design that's a ground up , one piece , all new weapon/kit . We'll want to use Glock or Uzi mag's , the rest of it , we'll have to invent .

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Yeah , we started out looking at it , then moved far far away . We're looking at a design that's a ground up , one piece , all new weapon/kit . We'll want to use Glock or Uzi mag's , the rest of it , we'll have to invent .

Would there be any room to squeeze a small 1 or 2 chamber suppressor on them? Sort of like the Noveske flash hiders, but better? That would be absolutely sick, even if it could just pull some of the "crack" off of the report.

-Dave

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Would there be any room to squeeze a small 1 or 2 chamber suppressor on them? Sort of like the Noveske flash hiders, but better? That would be absolutely sick, even if it could just pull some of the "crack" off of the report.

-Dave
    Well , it'll already be an SBR so it wouldn't matter from the NFA angle . It'll depend on OAL though , just have to see how it lay's out . One of the reason's I want to stick with 9mm is the ready availability of factory subsonics , so , already thinking in that direction ..

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    While there is obviously similarities, I like the survival/camping angle y'all took. It's a much more practical product in that sense, as opposed to a "hey look what we can do" toy.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Well , it'll already be an SBR so it wouldn't matter from the NFA angle . It'll depend on OAL though , just have to see how it lay's out . One of the reason's I want to stick with 9mm is the ready availability of factory subsonics , so , already thinking in that direction ..

I know you wanted to go with something super compact, but having something THAT compact AND with a mild suppression system would be sweet.

On another note - remember those hideous Bullpup AK's that Century slapped together a while back? Would it be possible to bullpup a Saiga? I bet those would fly off the shelves, especially since the buyer could save the $200 tax stamp if they chose to keep the barrel at 18"...

-Dave

*EDIT* - Bullpup Saiga with a suppressor. OMG I'M IN HEAVEN.

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I know you wanted to go with something super compact, but having something THAT compact AND with a mild suppression system would be sweet.

On another note - remember those hideous Bullpup AK's that Century slapped together a while back? Would it be possible to bullpup a Saiga? I bet those would fly off the shelves, especially since the buyer could save the $200 tax stamp if they chose to keep the barrel at 18"...

-Dave

*EDIT* - Bullpup Saiga with a suppressor. OMG I'M IN HEAVEN.

I like this
    Kushnapup_Bullpup_Saiga-12_Shotgun_Stock_System_1.jpg

But i think I would prefer this
    SaigaTechUSA-S12Krink.jpg

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    03Protege -

A little less "Spacegun"-esque than that AUG looking Saiga. Personally, I enjoy having an 18" barrel. You can still get decent velocities and patterns out to a reasonable distance, but it's short enough to still be a HD gun.

With a bullpup - you get the best of both worlds. OAL of a 10.5" AR with a fullsize barrel. Can you say...... WINNING!!

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    One of these days I'll get a Saiga and take it to the skeet tourneys. I'm pretty sure I'd get laughed at a lot. Can't resist a good troll though.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I love how this thread has been transformed into a Red Jacket appreciation thread. I think the OP should change the title.

IMO Red Jacket and Sons of Guns are two different entities. You can love the show, you can hate the show, but it's hard to hate a bunch of good folks building top notch weapons. Unfortunately some people only know RJ from the show and base their opinion of them on their opinion of the show.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    I love the show and can't wait for season 2! My 12-year-old son is pumped because you guys are visiting his school (today, I think). In my mind that is the coolest thing about our newest local celebs... they don't have to spend their time visiting with local schoolkids, and there are 100s of better ways to get free publicity. To me, that speaks volumes.

Top Bottom