Son's of Guns tonight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We actually did a lot more of the cannon than they showed. That was an entire 14 hour day shooting that. I shot around 80% of the series.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    We actually did a lot more of the cannon than they showed. That was an entire 14 hour day shooting that. I shot around 80% of the series.

Sounds about right , hot as hell out there too . Jeez guy's, its a 40 -60 hour week compressed into 23 minutes . They don't show lunch breaks or guys running to take a **** either ....:rofl:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    "What's the point of having a working flamethrower if you can't roast something?"
    Vincent Buckles

Quote of the week.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I shot this around 4 years ago at Will's origional birthday party. Will opens up at the end. #1 Bam Bam was there too. He's the one sporting an AK at 0:37.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCkiiCFhIv8[/ame]

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Where did they shoot the flamethrower? Looked like the N shore of Lake Ponchartrain.

The piney woods where they shot the M2 could be anywhere, but that round really carries so I would wonder where they could shoot that safely.

I had some experience with flamethrowers when I was in the Army and couldn't find any errors in the presentation.

Kino74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Walker
    I really enjoyed tonight's episodes. Its perfect for showing guns in a positive light and showing gunowners including us NFA owners in a non threatening manner. Of those that I have talked to about the show, alot of those folks sure seem very interested in getting suppressors. I know I could use a few for my SBRs that Red Jacket built.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Really enjoyed tonight's shows. They need to do an hour long episode showing more of the work though.
    So, DVD sets with LOTS of behind the scenes footage?

I'm glad they included turning someone down since you couldn't break the rules.

So is the katana next week?

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Really enjoyed tonight's shows. They need to do an hour long episode showing more of the work though.
    So, DVD sets with LOTS of behind the scenes footage?

I'm glad they included turning someone down since you couldn't break the rules.

So is the katana next week?

They could have gone into the workings of the flamethrower and it would have added interest, I think. Some of it was really cursory. The M2 segment could have been easily expanded. I was interested in the lessons the expert was giving.:cool:

Both these segments could have been expanded to one hour and not lost my interest.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The flamethrower was the most fun episode to film of all. The only problem is it got so hot several of us burned the hair off our arms. I had to turn away when it was blasting. My shot was the one directly over the guys shoulder shooting it.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    ... Mr.Woody [Hershel W. Williams] , HE's the story . You can look him up under Medal of Honor recipient's ,WW2 . Spending time with him was one of the highest honors of my life . He's an incredible man and walking representation of everything that's made this country great. Will

I couldn't agree with you more. I watched the first episode and enjoyed it, but I had not even looked at this thread until I watched the second episode tonight. Mr. Woody is a national treasure, and truly represents the greatest generation.

I didn't know whether to smile or cry when he wanted to strap on that flamethrower--I think I did a little of both.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Mr. Woody is a national treasure, and truly represents the greatest generation.

I didn't know whether to smile or cry when he wanted to strap on that flamethrower--I think I did a little of both.

Felt that exact same way myself .

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom