Son's of Guns tonight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    :) Let me see if I can hit a few of the high points . A lot of/most folks have no idea how NFA works . Some guys can get damn insistent . My/our tolerance level for folks who don't care to follow the rules is pretty damn minimal . We used a homemade fuel for the flamethrower , mixed it up on the spot . Sorry , but I think I'll need to keep the recipe to myself , stuff we say here get's picked up on in the oddest places . Not a lot we can say about how they film the show , but I will say this . The camera crew deserves the Bronze Star , there was a severe shortage of arm hair and eyebrows after the flamethrower shoot . Those guys amaze me . M2 , $6000.00's the price of a parts kit , not that great a deal , about market value , but it was there . Kristos is an encyclopedia of heavy weapons knowledge and is a master of the M2 . Our problem was that he was only down for 2 days and telling the history , development , and theory behind every part in the thing ate up most of it . He had to leave before we could test fire , which left us in an interesting spot . Trouble shooting a weapon you've never seen before , much less operated , sucked . We got it sorted out , but it really was a bitch . We were only able to get API's in time for the shoot , so we called and had the fire department come out with us . Good thing we did , a couple of those fires got damn all nasty , damn all quick . Airs @ 8 central on Wed , and I think we picked up another million or so viewers :) Thanks guys

Last edited:

biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell
    :) Let me see if I can hit a few of the high points . A lot of/most folks have no idea how NFA works . Some guys can get damn insistent . My/our tolerance level for folks who don't care to follow the rules is pretty damn minimal . We used a homemade fuel for the flamethrower , mixed it up on the spot . Sorry , but I think I'll need to keep the recipe to myself , stuff we say here get's picked up on in the oddest places . Not a lot we can say about how they film the show , but I will say this . The camera crew deserves the Bronze Star , there was a severe shortage of arm hair and eyebrows after the flamethrower shoot . Those guys amaze me . M2 , $6000.00's the price of a parts kit , not that great a deal , about market value , but it was there . Kristos is an encyclopedia of heavy weapons knowledge and is a master of the M2 . Our problem was that he was only down for 2 days and telling the history , development , and theory behind every part in the thing ate up most of it . He had to leave before we could test fire , which left us in an interesting spot . Trouble shooting a weapon you've never seen before , much less operated , sucked . We got it sorted out , but it really was a bitch . We were only able to get API's in time for the shoot , so we called and had the fire department come out with us . Good thing we did , a couple of those fires got damn all nasty , damn all quick . Airs @ 8 central on Wed , and I think we picked up another million or so viewers :) Thanks guys

Sweet, I hope you guys get an extended show soon. This is one of the coolest shows that i have seen in a while. Unfortunately H&H Tech has been a little too dramatized for me. Don't let them do that to you!!!!!

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    only you guys would put an eotech on an M2.

The Coast Guard does, too.

313667422_fda3ddb911_o.jpg

Puddle Pirate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    That's a 240, not an M2, and that is also the carrying handle your seeing not an Eotech. I could be wrong, maybe some military units use them on the M2 but i have never seen the coast guard.

Last edited:

Puddle Pirate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    I'm not complaining about it, to be honest I never thought about putting one on an M2. When we shot them we always walked them onto the target if needed. I would not want to be the guy welding a picantinny rail onto a 60 year old receiver though, however I would love to find out how it stood up to the recoil.:)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    That's a 240, not an M2, and that is also the carrying handle your seeing not an Eotech. I could be wrong, maybe some military units use them on the M2 but i have never seen the coast guard.

You're forgetting, Teddy took that picture. On his original shot not only can he see that its an Eotech he can see the reticle.... and the center dot. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom