Southern Shooting Center in Thibodaux

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    They have been for sale. I passed a couple days ago and the for sale sign was gone. Anybody know if it sold or was taken off the market?

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Southern Shooting Center has been sold!

It was picked up by a local family about a year ago or so. From what I have been told they will not be able to open it back up as a range for 5 years. Something about noise ordinance and some other legal Mumbo Jumbo.
    I do know over the next couple years. Equipment will be purchased to bring back USPSA, Steel Challenge, ICORE and GSSF.
    As far as the rifle portion of the range, I haven't heard anything at this time.

Before you ask. Yes, I do know the family but was asked not to disclose that info and I'm going to respect there wishes!

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Is Southern Shooting Center open for business? If so, who is running it?
    No they are not.
    Southern Shooting Center has been sold!

It was picked up by a local family about a year ago or so. From what I have been told they will not be able to open it back up as a range for 5 years. Something about noise ordinance and some other legal Mumbo Jumbo.
    I do know over the next couple years. Equipment will be purchased to bring back USPSA, Steel Challenge, ICORE and GSSF.
    As far as the rifle portion of the range, I haven't heard anything at this time.

Before you ask. Yes, I do know the family but was asked not to disclose that info and I'm going to respect there wishes!

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I retract my previous statement.
    I was mistaken that the range had sold to a local family.
    The local family WAS in the process of buying the range but things didn't work out as planed (State and City issues, Don't know what they are) and they were able to back out of the deal, which they did.

Wizard1183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    If you buy a piece of property that was a shooting range there should be no problem to reopen as a range. It’s when you buy property that wasn’t a range it fakes a CD lot of ground breaking rules fees lining politicians pockets etc to get it approved

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    If you buy a piece of property that was a shooting range there should be no problem to reopen as a range. It’s when you buy property that wasn’t a range it fakes a CD lot of ground breaking rules fees lining politicians pockets etc to get it approved
    That has always been my understanding as well. I’ve always understood the important thing is to never let it close as reopening could be a problem. Same as with trailer parks, my buddy owns a couple and he said if you close them temporarily for any reason it’s a nightmare to reopen them.

But who knows now days city rules are crazy in most places….

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I agree. I will be a garbage dump or have new owners before I go back.
    It sad because it really is a nice place. I absolutely love the pistol bays! But like you I’ll never go back as long as the current owners have it. He has more mood swings than most politicians!!

tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    I just received a membership renewal form in the mail. I was briefly a member after Ida hurricane. So I guess it is open and active.

Top Bottom