Southnarc ECQC 1 (Jan 4-6, 2013 - Robert, LA)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Bad timing for me, but if this makes a return toward the late-fall to winter of this new year, I'd totally be in... I know, getting a little ahead of myself :) But I have plans for spring and summer already, and a winter/fall class would be a great time for my first ECQC instruction. I am lacking there.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Hoping to have Shivworks back in Oct-Nov Time Frame. We are working hard to bring the very best in Comatives Trainers and Training to Louisiana. This year with Magpul Dynamics, Viking Tactics, Shivworks, Scott Reitz, and one we aren't ready to release yet I think we have a dynamic line-up. Getting these guys in is sometimes a bit of an arm twist but it's worth it. Not having to travel out of state for these classes is a huge cost savings. It all depends on you guys though. If you all keep making a commitment to being prepared to walk the walk we will keep bringing the best to you. Of there is someone you would like to see locally let us know and I will see what I can do. I don't know everybody in this industry but it's tiny and I bet I know someone who knows the guy.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    That's awesome, man. I try to make 2-3 classes a year, and you guys have been bringing some really attractive and well-respected names. I don't know anything about the new Magpul Dynamics guys myself, but I know I'd rather not take another Costa-Ludus class. I already have a 3-day carbine class with the group being 100% people I know with 90% of them having 2-3 carbine training classes under their belt, so I'm eager to get in on that - it should be toward the higher end of a "Carbine 1.5" type class. Shoothouse, low-light included.

I'm going to Rangemaster in March where, so long as I do my part, I should be able to get some of the truncated instruction with Craig Douglas as he's teaching two blocks. I figure that should be a great introduction.

ETA: hmm, in retrospect, this may be muddying a specific topic - sorry for the tangent. I'll stick to PM if I have anything else to add. :)

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    This class is incredible. If you take any class beyond the basic level ever make it this one. But bring your big boy pants and a mouth piece.

ABN_INF

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    belle chasse
    I'm ****ed up like a soup sandwich today...my shoulders and my neck...and my ******* forehead!!

But I'm grateful for the opportunity to have attended this class. It was by far the best block of instructions with a hand gun I've seen! Craig is top notch and has been thru the ringer. Everything he teaches is from real life experiences. I wanna thank the guys from Unity Tac. for stepping up and providing good affordable advanced self defense training. I look forward to attending more of their classes.

MOUNTAIN GOAT MOTHER ****ER!

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    I'm ****ed up like a soup sandwich today...my shoulders and my neck...and my ******* forehead!!

But I'm grateful for the opportunity to have attended this class. It was by far the best block of instructions with a hand gun I've seen! Craig is top notch and has been thru the ringer. Everything he teaches is from real life experiences. I wanna thank the guys from Unity Tac. for stepping up and providing good affordable advanced self defense training. I look forward to attending more of their classes.

MOUNTAIN GOAT MOTHER ****ER!

We missed you today the car fighting was a cool evolution and the 2 on 1 drill was bad ass

ABN_INF

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    belle chasse
    I know man I'm kicking myself in the ass but between driving back and forth to the west bank and the rain this morning I decided to stay home... I heard today was awesome and I'll probably catch it again in November.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    If you cc you owe it to yourself to take this class or one very similar. I though I was. Well rounded with my training and drills this class opened my eyes to the real gunfight that one may find thems selves in.

Thank you Advantage Group for bringing such top tier traing to our area. Schivworks thank you for the valuable lessons on staying alive and minimizing the amount of the S&@t sandwich I wind up eating.

Last edited:

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Mountain Goat!!!! Everybody keeps asking me what happened. I can only imagine what stares VG must be getting.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom