"Soverign Citizens" arrested in Plot to kidnap and kill AK Troopers and Judges--

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Unfortunately, when you say the word militia, this is what a lot of people envision.

http://www.lineofduty.com/the-blotter/111557

Four leaders of the Fairbanks-based Alaska Peacekeeper's Militia -- Francis "Schaeffer" Cox, 26, Lonnie Vernon, 55, his wife Karen Vernon, 64, and Coleman Barney, 36 -- are charged with conspiring to commit murder, kidnapping and arson. They are also charged with hindering prosecution and possession of illegal weapons.

The four are in jail in Fairbanks. Bail for Cox was set at $3 million. Barney and Karen and Lonnie Vernon were each held on $2 million bail.

Lonnie Vernon called the 17-page criminal complaint "hearsay on paper," according to the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner.

Vernon is charged in a separate federal case for threatening the lives of a federal judge and one of his family members, according to the federal indictment.

The militia members amassed high-powered weaponry, including grenades and .30- and .50-caliber machine guns, with which to carry out retaliatory strikes against law enforcement officials, according to court documents.

Another man, Michael Anderson, 36, is listed in a separate indictment on similar charges for compiling a list of targets and their addresses and engaging in surveillance to enable the plot. Anderson is also being held pending $2 million in bail.

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    This defines overreaction; all this over a weak misdemeanor charge.
    Dude would have just paid a fine.
    Cox had originally been arrested in March 2010 for approaching a police officer and failing to disclose that he was carrying a concealed gun. When Cox did not show up for a Feb. 14 court appearance, a judge issued the arrest warrant and Cox went into hiding with his wife and child.

Cox and his associates had been plotting in the days before the scheduled court hearing, according to prosecutors. The militia leader detailed his plot at a meeting on Feb. 12 that was secretly recorded by the FBI.

Cox wanted militia members to respond with violence if authorities tried to arrest him on the misdemeanor warrant, the charging documents say. He allegedly told the militia members, "I know you're ready to die, but you have to be ready to kill," according to an FBI recording referred to in the criminal complaint.
    :rofl:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Over reaction on the part of Cox, sure. Like you said, pay the fine and move on. Dumbass decides to go all Waco over something like this shows how nuts he is.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I am always hesitant to believe the media in respect to weapon description who knows what they really had could have been smoke grenades etc. But they definitely sound crazy 4 sho. Glad the got caught before things took a turn in the wrong direction....

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I am always hesitant to believe the media in respect to weapon description who knows what they really had could have been smoke grenades etc. But they definitely sound crazy 4 sho. Glad the got caught before things took a turn in the wrong direction....

It also lists a .30 and .50 cal machinegun. I tend to agree with Newton.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Over reaction on the part of Cox, sure. Like you said, pay the fine and move on. Dumbass decides to go all Waco over something like this shows how nuts he is.

Go all Waco over this needs explaining...

sorry I just saw this comment...did you mean by go all Waco that a group of people not bothering anyone, living together in the country and coming under unprovoked attack by the Federal Government would have some common ground with these " dumbass's "

I am hoping everyone agrees on the mission of the Branch Davidians being non aggressive ??

I just hate to hear good people like Randy Weaver and the Davidians put in a class with whackos,...maybe a little apprehensive about their rights being stepped on but never were they whaco

mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    Im with Yrdawg. Also, if the govt wants you, they will get you whether you broke the law or not. They will make sh*t up to implicate you. I don't believe anything the govt tells me or the main stream media including fox.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The assault on the Branch Davidians certainly turned tragic, and my memory is not that good about the whole episode. But didn't they barricade themselves or prepare a fortified defense, with weapons, to resist the serving of warrants?

I think if you are at the point that you congregate and prepare to fight to the death to resist arrest, you are a little ahead of the times, so to speak, and perhaps that is what was meant by "going Waco".

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Im with Yrdawg. Also, if the govt wants you, they will get you whether you broke the law or not. They will make sh*t up to implicate you. I don't believe anything the govt tells me or the main stream media including fox.

Really? I would say that I don't believe everything the government tells me, but you don't believe anything? If they want you they will get you? I'm sorry, but that sounds very extreme to me.

I believe that the government should fear it's citizens rather than citizens fearing their government. But I do not fear my government; at least not yet!

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Really? I would say that I don't believe everything the government tells me, but you don't believe anything? If they want you they will get you? I'm sorry, but that sounds very extreme to me.

I believe that the government should fear it's citizens rather than citizens fearing their government. But I do not fear my government; at least not yet!

I would like to think that. But I've seen too many instances where the reverse were true. Unfortunately, the best case scenario with law interaction in my viewpoint is to just get out of it as easily as possible and go on with your life. The more toes you step on, the worse your life gets (even if you deem yourself in the right.)

Is this the way it's supposed to be? No, not in my opinion. But it's reality, well, reality the way I see it. As with anything, YMMV.

~rc~

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    When the Pretender and his kangaroo cabinet get through with bankrupting the country, there won't be endless taxpayer revenue streams for the the government to use to harass the citizenry.

It's a shame I have more faith in what my gun collection will look like when I retire, then the social security they have been forcing me to **** away for the past 35 years.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The Branch Davidians were idiots who committed illegal acts. I consider those who sexually abuse pre-teens dangerous and I am glad they are gone.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A little history here on the Branch Davidians. First they are a cult formed from Seventh Day Adventist thinking that the second coming was here. Second, David Koresh thought that he was Jesus. He was the only one allowed to have sex with the women, including pre-teens. The people who followed him were idiots (Jesus does not need glasses).

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    The assault on the Branch Davidians certainly turned tragic, and my memory is not that good about the whole episode. But didn't they barricade themselves or prepare a fortified defense, with weapons, to resist the serving of warrants?

I think if you are at the point that you congregate and prepare to fight to the death to resist arrest, you are a little ahead of the times, so to speak, and perhaps that is what was meant by "going Waco".

I'm with Lou on this.

As usual.
    :ohreally:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    My main issue with Waco is that if the government really wanted to arrest David Koresh, they could have arrested him any number of times. He went for a morning jog every day. He could have been easily arrested while he was outside of the Branch Davidian compound building. I just think it was a very poorly executed arrest warrant which obviously caused much more death than it should have.
    After the arrest,,,it is then time for the courts to sift through the evidence against him.

I have a big problem with our overly aggressive paramilitary police forces in America. Too many Swat teams and Drug Task Forces which are very quick to trample on our US Constitutional rights and knock down our doors when the only evidence in some cases are third hand rumor and innuendo.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    My main issue with Waco is that if the government really wanted to arrest David Koresh, they could have arrested him any number of times. He went for a morning jog every day. He could have been easily arrested while he was outside of the Branch Davidian compound building. I just think it was a very poorly executed arrest warrant which obviously caused much more death than it should have.
    After the arrest,,,it is then time for the courts to sift through the evidence against him.

I have a big problem with our overly aggressive paramilitary police forces in America. Too many Swat teams and Drug Task Forces which are very quick to trample on our US Constitutional rights and knock down our doors when the only evidence in some cases are third hand rumor and innuendo.

What would be the appropriate number of SWAT Teams and Drug Tasks forces?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Go all Waco over this needs explaining...

sorry I just saw this comment...did you mean by go all Waco that a group of people not bothering anyone, living together in the country and coming under unprovoked attack by the Federal Government would have some common ground with these " dumbass's "

I am hoping everyone agrees on the mission of the Branch Davidians being non aggressive ??

I just hate to hear good people like Randy Weaver and the Davidians put in a class with whackos,...maybe a little apprehensive about their rights being stepped on but never were they whaco

Sorry brother, regardless of the errors made by the governement,

Koresh and Weaver DEFINE the term Whacko!

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Sorry brother, regardless of the errors made by the governement,

Koresh and Weaver DEFINE the term Whacko!

Thats in the air IMO, but neither deserved the attention they got, just no justification has been shown for either attack.

I personaly went to Waco, and traveled where Koresh went, traveled where he did...( after the smoke cleared ) there were many places he could have been arrested with out incident.

If there are credible allegations about child abuse where are they ?? All I've ever heard is speculation that DK boinked little girls. I spoke with one survivor at length, I never had reason to doubt him. He became an author..Clive I don't remember last name.

As for me...no, neither Waco or Ruby Ridge were done properly and as a result innocent lives were lost. In the event of Waco the earth was 12 inches lower when the feds finally left...they took any possible evidence. No one told me that , I saw it

YMMV of course

Top Bottom