space center buffer zone questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    looking to head out that way tomorrow.

A few questions. Is it safe and is it legal? What should I bring and where is it located?

If anyone wants to meet up just let me know and I can get you my number.

-thanks.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I have been out there 4 times.Myrifle has been out there twice as many times as me.Br-870 My and I were there and a guy who made sure I saw his vest and service belt in his un marked car's trunk when he got his rifle to scope it in.There are millions of spent shells on the ground and hundreds of shot up metal targets.There are no range offocers if you call cold range you better make sure everyone knows.We always leave a person at the bench watching out when setting up targets.I have been shooting there when the sun went down. There is a little barrow pit across the road that has water that you can shoot into.The next time im going I would like to take a rake and a couple of garbage bags and pick up a little trash.The shoot on the 12th there will be great.

iplaybass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2008
    around slidell
    take the first exit coming into ms. exit 2 it says waveland take left ... second road on left ( it is in a curve) take that road.. once on the road take the first left go a little ways look for cars.

Ps if you plick into the little pond on the other side make sure onbody is ridder there 4 wheeler on that side.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Could you post some directions or landmarks so I can see where it is located.

Thanks
    Exit #2 on I-10 go north apr.3/4 mile turn left at the first road before the road your on curves to the right the road you turn on is part gravel and part paved.Follow that road until you see another road going to the left take that left go down that road until you come to a 3 way intersection.Stop to your left is the range.To your right isthe pond the road to your right goes to a boat ramp.get on google local and look it up on the satelite map's.

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    Yea You can almost picture the old indian crying if he looked at that area.Hell Im gonna haul away a bag or 2 when I leave.Kinda like a range fee to nature.

Yea, I was thinking about bringing some of these 50 gal drums out that way for trash cans but They'd probally wind up being targets like everything else out there.

And who would empty them? lol

Im going to try and go next time with you guys. Allthough it can be extremely dangerous with a bunch of people out there.

We Shot about 50 Oranges and Did some skeet shooting with the Saiga and my friends Shotguns.

-C

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Yea, I was thinking about bringing some of these 50 gal drums out that way for trash cans but They'd probally wind up being targets like everything else out there.

And who would empty them? lol

Im going to try and go next time with you guys. Allthough it can be extremely dangerous with a bunch of people out there.

We Shot about 50 Oranges and Did some skeet shooting with the Saiga and my friends Shotguns.

-C
    10 or so slAKers there and it will be safe shoot.

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    Just one question, Is there some sort of burm or hill to stop the rounds at the end of the range? Also whats the chances of people being behinde that range? From the aerial pics it looks like there is another pit thats past it in the direction people are shooting. Just wondering.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Just one question, Is there some sort of burm or hill to stop the rounds at the end of the range? Also whats the chances of people being behinde that range? From the aerial pics it looks like there is another pit thats past it in the direction people are shooting. Just wondering.
    The whole thing is a pit with walls that are ariund 13 ft high and there is some thick woods between the pits.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    All the times I've been there strangers have arrived to shoot. Each time we look each other over warily, and wonder ... Everyone turns out to be nice though, and with a very few exceptions everyone is safe. The only exceptions I can think of were people who walked downrange unannounced. Every time I asked to go cold the people there complied safely.

When you go I suggest you bring your own chair(s) and a table. Shooting standing is less accurate, and though there is a table of sorts out there I wouldn't count on it being there, serviceable, or available for use. As of the last time we went there are no chairs out there, and the ground is covered with sharp pointy objects that I wouldn't want to lay on. Oh, and bring water and a pair of binoculars. There are no spotter scopes for you to rent.

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    Ok, thanks. I'll def. have to make it out there next time there is a group shoot. I have some buddies that would like to go. I've told them about the forum but haven't seen them here yet.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Hey lilmoose0. Your signature is the same thing my great-grandmother used to say, only she was a Lebanese peasant from a village on the road between Tripoli and Beirut. She grew up in the 19-teens, and she never learned English well. When she said it she did so in Arabic. I always though it was a real hoot.

Top Bottom