Space Shuttle Launch Seen From an Airliner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    The video, which you can watch below, is, of course, visually stunning, but it also contains a pretty good joke, if you listen hard enough. While Neil records the shuttle's launch, the captain can be heard over the loudspeaker saying, "Those on the right side can see the space shuttle. Those on the left side can probably see the people on the right side looking at the space shuttle."
    You gotta love airplane humor.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110227/tr_yblog_upshot/space-shuttle-seen-from-above

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Seeing the Shuttle launch up close was one of the few awesome events of my life. And I use that adjective sparingly. Too bad there are only two left, and one may never see space, due to funding. The government, in their wisdom, has made the decision that for the first time since Kennedy, the U.S. will not be in space for a long while. And if we are, we'll be paying the Russians huge amounts of money to get there.

But I will spare everyone my soapbox rant.

/walks off to buy another handgun that he probably doesn't "need"

~rc~

Last edited:

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I like the humor, but I think it is funny that everyone quotes what the captain says, yet the person writing the article can't even get it right... :mamoru:

Passengers on a flight from Orlando, Florida to Richmond, Virginia were treated to an unexpected kind of entertainment when they saw the Shuttle off of the left side of the plane.

Top Bottom