Spectating at an IDPA Match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Next weekend on the 11th the tangipahoa practical shooters are doing a match and South Louisiana idpa is doing a match. I've never been to one and just want to bring one of the kids and spectate. Time's are the same and travel time is the same.
    Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions as to which might be preferable?

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The SLIDPA is a actual IDPA club not an outlaw club. They use the rules as it should be. If you & you son would like, there is an USPSA match, East Acension Practical Shooter, hosting a match on the third weekend at the Acension SO range behind Cabelas off Hwy-30. You can also go to, LAGATOR.org, for more info on most of the action shooting matches in south La.

Beauxdog

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    That's another location to look at too. Thank, it's not about the rule body so much as just going to check something out. I know no one involved with these organizations and know​ sometimes clubs, of any sort, can be more or less welcoming to new people.

Last edited:

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    You will more than welcome to watch or participate at any of these clubs.
    Just bring eye and ear protection and let yourself be known to the match director of your intentions.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Tangi is a great place to start for IDPA, but the match I see on their schedule for that date is a steel match. I believe they shut down IDPA for the hot summer months and get fired up again in the fall.

FWIW Tangi is where I started shooting with their IDPA group. They are very welcoming and friendly to new shooters. Actually talked my wife into shooting a match with me there. They were super supportive and she enjoyed it. They are not an affiliated club as they don't want to mess with the classifier match stuff, but they are a really good laid back place to get started.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom