Speer 38 SPL +P 135 Grain GDHP at MidwayUSA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel 38 Special +P 135 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 20 marked as available for $23 a box at MidwayUSA for those that are interested. I just ordered 4 boxes so hopefully they aren't lying about availability.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Thanks for the link - I bookmarked it. If I would have known sooner I would have got it from them instead but at this point in time I'm just thankful that I was able to at least find some somewhere. Four boxes should hold me over until they start showing up again in the 50 round LE boxes which is my preferred packaging for gold dot ammo.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    There was some buzz awhile back about that round not expanding through four layers of cloth over gel when fired from a 2 inch barrel snub. The problem was cured by switching to the 357 MAG version, which has another 130 fps on the exact same bullet.

Speer also chronoed the 38 Special version at 1040 fps out of a four inch actual gun barrel, which exceed the extrapolation of test barrel figures. You shoot somebody with that combination, he may not get a [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYvYgcYFLis[/ame]

Top Bottom