SPF Colt 1911 70's series, changes,new pics,new trades

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    new in box, with all paperwork and extras.. COLT 1911 70 series, GI model in BLUE,
    I bought this and another one from an estate sale..
    I want cash mostly, to recoup some of my money.
    I have two of these, one serial off from the other..
    new repro's in BLUE
    Not sure why, but they are also in BLUE CARDBOARD BOXES, sleeved in white box with serial on white sleeve.
    MArk 4 model

same condition, will sell both. 1000 each.. bottom dollar. more if you hassle me..

only trade would be a krink in 5.45
    or an FAL in nice condition. pics below.. email me if the link wont work..
    Ok, after messing with Chads dang hk pistol, I would consider them as well..

https://plus.google.com/photos/104998411811210453124/albums/5777045240614819537

text or call ( two, two 5, 247 13 zero 1)

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    That pistol has some factory custom work done to it. That milled flat top on the slide is not normal production. Which means = $$$

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I spoke to the OP in PM and we (I) have determined that it is indeed a late model Series 70 reproduction, made sometime after 2001. I inquired about one other feature that would date it even closer, which is if there is a complete cutout or simply a hole in the frame where the slide stop catches the magazine on the last shot, but haven't heard back yet.

These are VERY nice pistols. When I saw the milled slide top and the blue box, I immediately knew this was a Custom Shop piece. Only the Custom Shop guns come in the blue cardboard box, the rest come in a dark blue plastic case.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    just to clarify, I think I actually posted a pic of another national match, that I picked up.. thanks for the input guys.. It means alot.. thank you for the comments.. Please look at the new album in a few.. as of 630, they both are still available..

New album in OP

Last edited:

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    I had the opportunity to view the pistols today. They are bone-stock newer production blued S70 repros with consecutive serial #s and everything that comes with a NIB 70 repro. Hard to walk away empty-handed, but I have the Gunfighter course to fund in 10 days. Somebody else may be pretty eager to grab this consecutive set!

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I had the pleasure of handling both of these today and the pain of walking out the door with neither. They are gorgeous guns and the bluing is one of the sharpest I've seen. Buy with confidence from Dave he's good to go.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Sold pending exchange tomorrow,
    Thank you everyone for your help and input.
    It turns out this was what I remember bayoushooter being years ago, that is nice.
    thanks for everything,
    remember the national match pic I accidentally posted, turns out it was made near 1960.. kinda cool..
    nothing special other than 3 digit serial and it might turn into an HK sometime soon..

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom