*SPF*~Gunkoted Black Romy-G on NDS-3 For Sale!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Looking to fund my next AK-project... So out She goes: A beautifully riveted, Gunkoted Black Romy-G on a NDS-3, (built at the Shak), with the following accessories: Modified East German Wirefolder with AMD-65 Tech Cheek Weld, M-2B Ultimak, Texas Weapons System Generation II Dog Rail with Peep Sight, TRS-25 Bushnell Red Dot, Krebs Custom Guns Mk VI Enhanced Safety Selector Lever, M-4 Style Flash Supressor, Tapco G2 Trigger, Tapco Gas Piston, K-var Lower Grip, and Hogue Pistol Grip. 1" groups at 50 yds., 3" groups at 100 yds with TWS and Red Dot. MUCH tighter groups at 100 yds on my Tactedge 4X32 Mini CQB TS Mil-Dot Scope, (not for sale but 2" is the norm). Asking price for THE ENTIRE OUTFIT + 500 rnds of Uly 7.62X39 is $750.00 FIRM. (ABSOLUTELY NO TRADES, NOR COUNTER-OFFERS). This is not A WASR 10/63 folks. (Although, there's nothing wrong with those... They make great project-guns). It's an accurate, well-built, yet practical shooter that turns heads at the range after you pull target.... and it was my "go-to" for the longest. -It's just that I'm getting Romy'd out in the safe, and it's time for me to cover some other ComBloc Countries in more classical-looking 7.62X39.

I'll add the original dustcover, rear sights, recoil spring, and pistol grip. Hell, I might even throw in some stripped Romy-wood if you want it.

a_Profile_1_ROMAK.jpg

PIC_0802.jpg

IMAG0593.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

6.jpg

Some History on Romy-Gs....

Originally Posted By xlr8shn:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIM_(rifle)

Garda Versions

The most-produced variation of this rifle is that of the 'Garda' designation, produced for the Romanian Patriotic Guards. These rifles have a letter 'G' engraved on the left side of the rear sight block. The civil guard versions are modified by the removal of the sear and the modification of the disconnector to be semi-automatic only. Tens of thousands of these have been imported into the United States and sold as 'parts kits' (the receiver is destroyed by torch-cutting per BATF regulations - without the receiver, the kit is no longer legally considered a firearm). They are colloquially known among firearms enthusiants as "Romy G's".
    Just to add to the "authoritative" Wikipedia history lesson: manufactured at the Romanian National Arsenal at 'Cugir' from approx. 1975 to 1986. Kits imported by Century International Arms and a handful of other importers (Inter Ordnance ect) and sold for dirt cheap when first appearing on the commercial U.S. market, circa 2002-2003.

Almost all appear to have had almost no real, actual 'firing wear', only very light use, mostly handling wear by Romanian youth, whose ranks made up the Patriotic Guards. The later years (1982-1986) appear to have had only a handful of Factory Proof-loads fired at Cugir and then greased up for long-term storage. Essentially brand-new rifles prior to seeing the torch/saw to their receivers and sent over to the U.S. as "kits".

These were and are the exact same weapons sold by the Communist Romanian Government to every tin-pot, third-world, Middle Eastern dictator and Islamic Republic through-out the 1970's (P.L.O., Lebanese Civil Wars ect) and thru to the late 1980's. They were cheap and they worked. The Romanian's sold them to both the Iranians and to Saddam Hussain, WHILE they were both at war with each other! Quick way to raise hard currency in a time of great hardship for the failing communist system back in Romania.

Last edited:

G19MAG

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Bossier City
    I'm still finishing up my Romy G build and seeing yours makes me want to get it done even faster. I'm sure it won't be around when I'm able to get it. :-(

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom