Sports bar in Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Me and my better half will be in BR Wed and Thursday, could anyone recommend a good sports bar/restaurant to eat Wed night. Not familiar with BR at all, so don't want to go somewheres blindfolded without experienced opinions. Would also like a cafe type place with GOOD food for lunch (I would really like a great burger). Doesn't need to be fancy, just good food. Thanks guys

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've been to the infamous Twin Peaks twice so far and have not liked the food on either occasion. What do y'all normally get there? As for your questions:

Burger for lunch: Five Guys is a favorite of many (Corporate Blvd), Chimes (Coursey or Highland), Walk On's (Coursey or over by LSU), Georges (Perkins, George Oneil, and somewhere else)

Dinner: Mike Andersons, Ralf n Kakoos, The Chimes, Pluckers...just to name a few. Any type of food in particular you are looking for?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Honestly, my favorite burger in town is at Dearmans in the Jefferson / Old hammond shopping center. Good little old mom / pop place.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    The fiance checked out the menu for Twin Peaks, and didn't see anything she'd like. 95% chance she'll get a steak somewhere. I guess it doesn't specifically have to be a "sports" bar, a regular ol' restaurant with a bar would work. Five guys may be the place for lunch, a guy at work actually recommended one near LSU.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I've had 5 guys 5-6 times and can't say I am really that impressed. Yeah its cool choosing all your toppings but beyond that it isn't too special.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Chimes east on coursey or west on highland are both good places that won't break the bank. Byron's bistro on government is great for a nice lunch.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I've had 5 guys 5-6 times and can't say I am really that impressed. Yeah its cool choosing all your toppings but beyond that it isn't too special.

I have to wonder about this. I want beef, bread, cheese, mustard and ketchup. I might be better off just grilling my own. Oh, and bacon, you can't go wrong with bacon.

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    TJ Ribs on Siegan right down the street from Twin Knockers. It has the best burger in Baton Rouge.
    Get the TJ cheese burger medium rare. Unbelievably good. The filet at the same place is my favorite in BR.
    The burger with fries is like $8 and the filet is $25. Not bad prices and it has a bar with tvs everywhere.
    I know I sound like my dad owns the place. It is just that good. I am a burger snob, and this is my number 1.

Top Bottom