Spring/ Summer CCW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheUsualSuspect

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Calcasieu Parish
    I'm currently in the market for a subcompact/compact that will conceal with relative ease. I own a full size M&P .45, but I would much rather conceal a smaller framed weapon and I was curious as to what my fellow Louisiana neighbors carry during spring and summer months. I've considered a few options (Glock 26, Glock 30, M&P 9c, Walther PPS), but I actually need to handle each before committing to purchasing one of these. I LOVE .45s, but I know the G30 is a chunk of a gun and is most likely not ideal for summer CC. Thanks for the feedback!

*NOTE* I am really only interested in 9mm and .45 as my family currently reloads both, so sorry about neglecting the .40, but I'm either going with 9 or .45.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    During the hotter months I usually carry a titanium Taurus 85 38spl snubbie. During the colder months I carry a standard weight 357mag snubbie. Either way I carry a snubbie.

When I do carry a 9mm,it's usually a G26 until I find a single stack I'm comfortable with. If/when I do decide to carry a .45 it would be a SA 3" GI .45

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I carry a Ruger LCP, but its in a .380. When i know i go into an area that might be more hostile, i carry my g26 or g27 on an ankle holster. (i dont like wearing shorts)

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    kel tec pf9. it is way more comfortable than any G26 that i have owned and has been just as reliable.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I hear you!

I carry my LCR in an ankle holster 5 days a week then on weekends or evening I simple stick it in my shorts pocket or in an inside waist ban holster with my shirt untucked:}

The LCR is only 16 oz loaded with 38P+ self defense ammo! Goes bang every time I pull the trigger too.............. Good luck on your search for your summer protection!!

rob52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    I carry a Taurus Slim in 40 cal and my wife carries the same in 9mm. Despite what you may have heard this is a very fine weapon and niether of us have had any misfires. It is very compact and easily concealed and light enough to not be bothersome. Although I would prefer to carry my 45 it is impracticle to carry concealed.

Top Bottom