Springfield 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Great gun. very accurate, perfect recoil for me. only thing i hate: the cocking serrations. why? stupid edges are rather sharp and as a result sliced my finger open today.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Curious, what kind of stones would you use on this?? If not stones, emery cloth or wet/dry paper?? Reason I'm asking is because I have a SS SA 1911 coming in.

Death Valley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I had the same problem so I had mine bead blasted. I had the stainless model that had the polished sides that I didn't care for so I blasted it and it came out a nice dull grey with the added benefit of it kinda rounding off the edges.

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    Curious, what kind of stones would you use on this?? If not stones, emery cloth or wet/dry paper?? Reason I'm asking is because I have a SS SA 1911 coming in.

Just a fine stone like for trigger work. I got it at midway. I used a stone bc it was solid and easier to hold. My files are too big and aggressive, they would take off too much material too quickly.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I loved my stainless SA 1911. It was the model with target sights and the finer serrations. I just wasn't crazy about 45ACP or having to stock another caliber. I really want to buy it again in 9MM :(

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a loaded champion in stainless and it has taken skin off my fingers on more than 1 occasion. I'm thinking about selling it bc I already have a trp

Raguel3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Springer 1911A1 here, no real bad serrations, but then I bought mine used,maybe they got worn off on the last poor guy,lol.

5vegas

Smoke em
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Metairie
    I have a SA A1 myself in SS, no probs with serrations either,as l use welding gloves while yanking slide back!lol Yeah, mines a little sharp also, but not enough to slice finger. I guess there all made a little diff?? These pieces seem to be a Hot item right now for some reason. Seems as if every site is sold out(new or used). Anyway, good luck with new 1911.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Got my SS GI in yesterday and the edges seem okay. It was used so like stated earlier, maybe the previous dude took the punishment already!!! Cant wait to try her out!

Top Bottom