Springfield Pro

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShareTheToys

Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    May 11, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    From what I have read so far the Pro was before the TRP and was the answer to the FBI's call for a new handgun. This pro is a year 2000 model. Here are a few pictures of it the guy sent me. From what I understand they went for around $2,400, but I'm not sure what a year 2000 model would be valued at now, or if they are a dated design that I won't be able to resell. I might keep it, but if I did want to resell it I wouldn't want to find myself stuck with something I couldn't get my money out of.

Snapshot_20100612_2.jpg

Snapshot_20100612.jpg

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    That price is pretty accurate for what the gun is worth, keep in mind there are more options on the NEW models for example you have the option to heaving a tactical rail on the TRP Pro for about $2600 IF YOU CAN FIND ONE, the next option would be probably a custom loaded TRP PRO, and then go down to the Operator models.

Also keep in mind eventhough most people claim SA won against Les Baer he actually pulled away from the competition when he realized the warranty and service agreement the FBI wanted for this pistols.

I would say the gun is still worth well in the $1800 range just because of what it is and it being hard to come by unless you know somebody, realistically speaking I would not spend that amount of money on one but there are quite a few out there who would die to get their hands on one.

For me the Operator model is more than sufficient eventhough the guaranteed accuracy from one model to the other is very diferent.

ShareTheToys

Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    May 11, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Awesome, well, I need a trade valued at about $1,600, so it looks like this would be it. If anybody else has other comments I would love to hear them. Guate shooter, thanks for your time buddy, she is a pretty attractive piece.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Share,

Your research info is pretty much dead on. The gun is the equivalent of a TRP with the FBI Custon Shop package in today's product line. The gun is the cream of the crop in 1911 Combat Pistols. It should have these specs:

SPECIFICATIONS
    PROFESSIONAL MODEL .45 ACP PISTOL
    IMPORTER: Springfield Armory
    MECHANISM TYPE: Locked breech, short recoil operated, single action, semi-automatic pistol. Classic John Browning design developed to a high performance level
    CALIBER: .45 ACP
    CAPACITY: 8 rounds
    BARREL LENGTH: 5.0 inches
    OVERALL LENGTH: 8.75 inches
    BARREL: Match grade Nowlin barrel with a six groove, left hand twist with one turn in sixteen inches
    WEIGHT, EMPTY: 35 ounces
    SAFETIES: Ambidextrous, frame mounted safeties from Wilson Combat; grip safety is also from Wilson Combat and features the lower "memory" bump
    SIGHTS: Novak Lo Mount rear sight with two tritium powered dots on either side of a large square cut u-notch, front sight features a single tritium dot on a cross-cut dovetail mounted blade
    GRIPS: Hogue, Coco Bolo
    FINISH: Birdsong's Black T over carbon steel slide and frame

Minus a rail, that is my dream go-to SHTF gotta kill everything and can only have one pistol pistol. I would estimate the value at around 1800-2000, however with DEA authorizing the TRP FBI for duty use along with the VERY LIMITED comercial release of the SA high end 1911s ther is no telling how much you could get for it from someone that really had to have it.

It is a no **** top of the line combat 1911. I have had the opertunity to shoot a few of them and they are dead on and built like a tank. They are tghter than a dolphin's butthole yet feed HP ammo reliably. We shoot Remington Golden Sabers and Winchester SXT HPs, and a lot of them.

As far as being stuck with it, I don't see that happening. A gun like that in good condition will always command top dollar. I spoke to the VP of SA LE sales at the ILEETA Convention in Chicago in April. At the time the lead time for a TRP (or any other 1911) with any Custom shop package was 12-18 months. I had the oppertunity to finger bang both the TRP FBI with rails and a MC Operator with the FBI Package. Both awsome.

Anyway. A trade for $1500-1800 would put you on the up side of the deal. I would not go over $2000 unless you really really want the gun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom