St. Francisville Mississippi River landing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    I am looking for a landing that I can launch a 21" Skeeter boat in the Mississippi River. The St Francisville area would be ideal, if the launch is not in a bad area and it is a good launch where a tractor is not needed to pull your boat out of the water.

I know about the launch in BR. by the bridge, but, I've been told, the area has gotten too bad to leave your vehicle. Darn shame, I have used that launch many times.

Anyway, if you can give me any information it would be appreciated.

Buddy

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I have not used the st francisville launch in the last couple years but I do remember the angle being different depending on water level. If water was high, launch was steep, if low water launch was not steep enough and I had to put the truck in the water to get the boat off. This might have changed as I know the ramp has been added to at last low water time.
    I know there have been some issues with the lease on the ramp lately but not sure on its status. (it is privately owned and leased to the police jury)
    I am sure you could call the sheriff's dept to get a real time status update.

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I know about the launch in BR. by the bridge, but, I've been told, the area has gotten too bad to leave your vehicle. Darn shame, I have used that launch many times.

Buddy, I'm not sure if this one is the one in BR you've been to, but if not, I've launched through the intracoastal canal and locked-through to the river and never had a problem with it. Seems to be kept relatively clean for a public facility as well.

w23gsq5dv1k3e5qhutah.bmp

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    No need to drive down to the river in St. Frannie to launch a 21" long Skeeter.

Just pick it up and put it in the bathtub or a large kitchen kink.

Dirty

doeslammer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Pride aka Central, LA
    i'm not sure of any in the st francisville area, but you're going to have to wait for the water to go down first. the stage at the red river landing is at 48 ft. right now and above the flood stage already. it's supposed to crest wednesday at 51 ft. too much water in the area right now to even think about going fishing...

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Buddy call WFSO or St. Francisville PD and ask where they put their boats in. Maybe telling them where you retired from will help.

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Thanks for the information and the correction. Sorry I couldn't respond sooner, however my computer is in the shop.

I have launched at the locks on the West side of the river before and it is a good launch, even though it is steep. I just didn't want to fight all of the barge and ship traffic to get to the areas I like to fish. The river can get pretty darn rough, but I will deal with it if I have to.

I can catch fish with high water as well as low water.The only time it becomes difficult is when you encounter large amounts of fresh water (heavy rains) or the water is in the woods. You don't encounter the fish going in the woods in the areas I am fishing. There are almost no woods to speak of and I can pitch through most of it.

onlyjourneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    I was thinking of "doggin'" you about fishing in the river---Then I remembered what you used to do---I bet YOU CAN catch fish in a pot-hole

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    I was thinking of "doggin'" you about fishing in the river---Then I remembered what you used to do---I bet YOU CAN catch fish in a pot-hole

I get lucky from time to time (Fishing not sex!). Where the heck you been? And is it true that Dave's wife won't let him come out and play? He hasn't been to a match since Moses was a baby.

Buddy

Top Bottom