St George

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    I just love stories like this because it pisses off the right people haha

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    First these morons make this seem like St George is not even a place and never has been.
    Second Baton Rouge is mad about the Revenue loss that they abhorrently waste like the rest of our goobermint.
    When that does not draw the outcome they want, here it goes..... ITS RACIST !!!
    Wow.
    When a town grows to a certain point that is on the outer city limits of the near by city siphoning off all of its revenue, that town has all the legal right to become its own incorporated township or city. There is nothing racist or bad about this situation for the residents. How actually does it affect any person living miles away in other towns of Baton Rouge ?

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've been on the fence with this over the years and I still don't know enough to really make up my mind. Other than possibly schools, I still don't see the benefits. BR took the mall and I never heard how SG plans to make up for that lost revenue that they planned on getting from that. Everyone says "look at Central", Well, Central is pretty physically removed from the city. It's not like SG is going to have a wall around it. It's not like they're going to get a new 5 star trash contract. Probably going to use the SD for policing and SG for fire protection, so what will change, other than more local taxes out of my pocket and possibly schools, that I already paid hundreds of thousands for private?

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    First these morons make this seem like St George is not even a place and never has been.
    Second Baton Rouge is mad about the Revenue loss that they abhorrently waste like the rest of our goobermint.
    When that does not draw the outcome they want, here it goes..... ITS RACIST !!!

Wow.
    When a town grows to a certain point that is on the outer city limits of the near by city siphoning off all of its revenue, that town has all the legal right to become its own incorporated township or city. There is nothing racist or bad about this situation for the residents. How actually does it affect any person living miles away in other towns of Baton Rouge ?

Ironically, calling it racist is what's actually racist. The black folks in the city can't make it without the white folks' help? Is that the takeaway? That seems to be a big argument against St George.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    BR laid it out before, they want St George for the Taxes. That's no reason to want to keep people who want to leave. People are starting to say that this could be a huge trigger of separation movements and protests nationwide, and I cannot disagree.

I'm happy for St George, congrats to y'all! BR deserves this, but it's likely to negatively alter BR politics since about 80k middle-class people will no longer be there. So what, BR deserved that too.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    BR laid it out before, they want St George for the Taxes. That's no reason to want to keep people who want to leave. People are starting to say that this could be a huge trigger of separation movements and protests nationwide, and I cannot disagree.

I'm happy for St George, congrats to y'all! BR deserves this, but it's likely to negatively alter BR politics since about 80k middle-class people will no longer be there. So what, BR deserved that too.
    If St.George happpens it will taken a lot of pressure off Prairieville. People will want to stay in South BR. I use to live there and move to Prairieville. I hope this happens because Pville is busting at the seems.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I live in St George, but I'll be leaving soon. It was really nice 20 years ago, but now it's overcrowded and the infrastructure hasn't nearly kept up. I'm also retired, my kids have left the state, and I don't need to contribute to the congestion. I think the process of splitting off is a by-product of the city-parish government and I think you can expect more of these. The high population city center controls the parish government and the communities outside get neglected. At some point BR will be ringed by breakaway's because they can't see the problems, or just don't care.

The situation with the "R" word is a similar story. It's interesting that some people haven't figured out that the only thing the use of it achieves is to instantly destroy their credibility. I'm getting old. Old enough to remember what real racism looked like. Separate bathrooms, watercoolers, bar rooms with partitions, and a lot of other stuff.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The situation with the "R" word is a similar story. It's interesting that some people haven't figured out that the only thing the use of it achieves is to instantly destroy their credibility. I'm getting old. Old enough to remember what real racism looked like. Separate bathrooms, watercoolers, bar rooms with partitions, and a lot of other stuff.
    I have to disagree with you . The " R " word still carries weight with a lot of folks . That's why it's still the Go-to in most debates .

Top Bottom