stack-on gun cabinets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    good enough to keep firearms away from children, which is why I got one. can always get something else later on.

Last edited:

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I have one and it is good for its' intended use, keeping wandering eyes and hands away from my weapons. Don't get this if you are using it to keep the guns away from thieves. I can pick my cabinet up and carry it out the house when loaded.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I have one and it is good for its' intended use, keeping wandering eyes and hands away from my weapons. Don't get this if you are using it to keep the guns away from thieves. I can pick my cabinet up and carry it out the house when loaded.

Not veery good for fire protection either.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    if there's a fire, my photo's and home videos are more valuable than my guns.
    photos can't be replaced.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Pro=cheap
    Con=cheap :)

LIke was previously stated though, it's whole lot better than nothing and it keeps your guns out of the kids way so it's worth the money right there. I''m actually about to get one as well for ammo storage etc.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We all know it isn't the ultimate protection for guns and other valuables . Buy the best protection you can afford .

Sometimes I wonder after reading about some of the recent break-ins. I only have three rifles and one is a very old 22 so I almost think putting them way on the top closet self where you need a step to get to them, under blankets where you'd have to know they were there to get them rather than in the cheap gun vault that can be opened in 5 minutes with a side grinder. They would actually have to climb and look to find them under blankets in the top of the closet, but if they're in the gun vault, anyone that steps through the door will know instantly where to find them.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    They will find it, thieves know all the "hidden" hiding spots and will rip down a shelf to find if something is up there or not.

blueyednd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I had/have one bolted to the wall. Purchased to keep the kids out. We went off for vacation and turned the AC up high. When I got home I could not get the key to turn in the lock. I drilled a hole in the side of the cabinet opposite the lock and opened it using a coat hanger. I guess the rubber bushing expanded or something when the house got hot. I moved it to the garage for ammo and such, greased up the lock and it seems to be working fine now.

So I went and bought a fire proof, coat hanger proof safe.

Top Bottom