Starling prediction about the effects of a 10 round magazine capacity limit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Keeping my glocks and Hi Cap mags. During the last ban, I never carried less than 15 rounds in any of my handguns. I did buy some of the retarded 10 round mags, but mainly used them on the range.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Enjoyed this reply to the OP's article.
    "This article is full of incorrect information from the start. First, Barbara Norton will NOT draft anything. She doesn't possess the intelligence or skills required. She will have someone draft it for her. She claims her efforts will INSURE that nothing like the event in Conn. happens here. I know you cannot read Ms.Norton, due to the effect that long term gin drinking has taken on your brain, so I will fill you in. THE GUNMAN IN CONN. STOLE THE GUNS HE USED !!! CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY THE LAW. CRIMINALS DO NOT CARE ABOUT GUN CONTROL. Having someone draft a law for you that requires all firearms be locked in boxes IS ANOTHER WASTE OF TAXPAYER MONEY AND TIME. What we need in this country is POLITICIAN CONTROL !!!!!"

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    My prediction is that the ban accomplishes nothing. The world will still have crazies who commit evil acts....and the anti-gun crowd will not be happy until they ban all semi-auto firearms. Just look at England. We live in a violent society... with underage kids having babies but not raising children.
    And they think that banning a firearm will fix it. What a joke.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    In the last ban, did they ban the USE of mags with more than 10 rounds? or just the sale/purchase etc?

That may have been a rhetorical question, but I'll answer anyway.:)

Government banned the sale/purchase of "high cap" mags which were manufactured after the enactment of the ban. Obviously that didn't apply to LEO's.

Sale/purchase of mags (by private citizens) that had been manufactured prior to the enactment of the ban was OK. These were referred to as "pre-ban" mags.

Not coincidentally, the price of pre-ban mags skyrocketed. Glock mags that typically sold for $20 were selling for $125-150 during the ban period (1994-2004). After the ban ended ("sunset period"), mag prices dropped right back to pre-ban levels.

eagle359

AARP Newbie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    In the last ban, did they ban the USE of mags with more than 10 rounds? or just the sale/purchase etc?

You could not buy NEW "high caps". Those made before the ban were bought and sold freely. Some states passed more restrictions. They were out there, but at a higher price.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    You know all those Glock magazines you've seen with "Government/LE Use Only" on them? Those were manufactured during the ban and were "not available" to civilians.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I'm not that worried about acquiring anymore of those guns in question. There are certain guns I still would like to have and they don't share the same scrutiniy as the others,of late. I believe I have what I want,and then some,of the infamous type and I plan on keeping all or most of them....including the hi cap mags. I'm more worried about ammunition and ammunition components and hardware. Accessabilty and cost is certainly going to change,and not for the better. Wether it be a run on these things or a tax hike...whatever it is,I'm stocking up as much as I can. I'll be stepping up reloading and be more concious of wasteful "ammo dumping"......we're all guilty of this from time to time. Got bullets?

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You know all those Glock magazines you've seen with "Government/LE Use Only" on them? Those were manufactured during the ban and were "not available" to civilians.

In theory. :dogkeke:

Top Bottom