Starting on a Junkyard build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I picked this C7 upper up last week for $45.
    It's a little ugly, but have been giving some thought on building an AR from mostly used parts. Just a junker that I don't have to worry about what it looks like. One I can just throw in the truck without a case and not worry about a scratch or two getting on it each time I take it for a ride.
    152lqm8.jpg

2wp5bpl.jpg

Now I need to start looking for some used parts.
    I want to use a barrel with a front sight tower, but not sure which stock I will go with. Maybe something free or cheap. :D
    Anyone have some extra used parts that they would like to get rid of?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Go look on ar15.com. You will find more than what you need in the Equipment Exchange section. You might as well join up there if you're not a member already. ar15.com IS the premier AR discussion/marketplace of the USA. Ammo, rifles, parts, recommendations, assembly guides, new, used.....you name it, they have it.

I purchased a slightly used BCM 410 SS 16" barrel, gas tube, and gas block with A2 FSB a couple months back. I too have an A1 upper receiver assembly. The simplicity of iron sights.

http://www.ar15.com/index.html

Last edited:

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Go look on ar15.com. You will find more than what you need in the Equipment Exchange section. You might as well join up there if you're not a member already. ar15.com IS the premier AR discussion/marketplace of the USA. Ammo, rifles, parts, recommendations, assembly guides, new, used.....you name it, they have it.

I purchased a slightly used BCM 410 SS 16" barrel, gas tube, and gas block with A2 FSB a couple months back. I too have an A1 upper receiver assembly. The simplicity of iron sights.

http://www.ar15.com/index.html

I've been a member at ae15.com for a few years. I don't visit there much any more because I got tired of the drama that would unfold when you didn't drink the cool-aid that was on the table. I'll check out the Equipment Exchange section , thanks for the heads up.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    you're welcome.....hold on to your wallet :-)

I only go there for the Equipment Exchange really these days. Or if a Google search takes me there. Their legacy database is HUGE.

For example BS has just under 26,000 registered members. ar15.com has 450,000. They buy/sell/trade ar/gun/ammo stuff over there like a thousand times a day. And their buyer/seller rating system/history works pretty good. They shame and/or ban those permanently who do members dirty, or renig on deals.
    But BS is growing fast and is a good community overall. And we got the best eats period! Where else you gonna find free swag for shipping only?

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I bought the complete upper from a guy on another forum. He had bought a carbine and was going to use the lower for another build.
    Other then it being a little dirty, smelling like cigarette soak and having some pet fur under the handguards, it looked ok. I found that the barrel was a little loose. The rear sight had a knob to adjust and it had a round forward assist.
    So I removed the barrel and cleaned everything up. I put the barrel on the upper I already had and finished building the lower. Everything went together pretty easy.
    Here it is. I'm happy with the way it turned out. I would have to say that this build was a lot of fun.
    33m7w51.jpg

5jwdqc.jpg

hs3ngw.jpg

2m33ae8.jpg

acu6j8.jpg

1zd3y3o.jpg

a5wyo.jpg

I would like to say thank you to everyone that helped out with this build.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom