State fair grounds brec air rifle range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Does anyone have any idea on the hours of this air rifle range off of airline near bayou Manchac? I went today and it was all locked up. Had a list of rules and many references to a range officer. I thought it would be like sherburn but I guess not. Looked on the web and found info but no mention of hours.

Any insight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    YEARS back I'd go here and there on Saturday mornings.

They have a proper target range where you shoot paper, various size spinners, and then off to the side they have several Field Trial courses.

Dirty

Bowman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    The range is open at 4 on Wednesday evenings when its daylights savings time. Otherwise it is open on the 2nd Saturday at 8-8:30 for air rifle silhouette and the 1st and 3rd Saturdays are around that time for Field Target. If you want to become a member and get a key to access the range anytime you like you must attend 3 consecutive matches to be given a key by a club member. They have some older retired guys that meet on Tuesday morning I believe as well. Let me know if you need any more info. I am a member with a key and I shoot only Silhouette. Usually out there Wed. evenings and 2nd Sat of the month myself. Look forward to seeing you.

Bo

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    The range is open at 4 on Wednesday evenings when its daylights savings time. Otherwise it is open on the 2nd Saturday at 8-8:30 for air rifle silhouette and the 1st and 3rd Saturdays are around that time for Field Target. If you want to become a member and get a key to access the range anytime you like you must attend 3 consecutive matches to be given a key by a club member. They have some older retired guys that meet on Tuesday morning I believe as well. Let me know if you need any more info. I am a member with a key and I shoot only Silhouette. Usually out there Wed. evenings and 2nd Sat of the month myself. Look forward to seeing you.

Bo

Let me say I mean no disrespect by what I'm about to say. Simply asking an honest question. If this is a BREC facility why must someone need to be a member? I guess I'm just used to sherburne - come and go public facility. I have no desire to join another club just sight in or casually shoot an air rifle. I appreciate our previous response.

Thanks, kpm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

dustinflint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Let me say I mean no disrespect by what I'm about to say. Simply asking an honest question. If this is a BREC facility why must someone need to be a member? I guess I'm just used to sherburne - come and go public facility. I have no desire to join another club just sight in or casually shoot an air rifle. I appreciate our previous response.

Thanks, kpm

now Free

You have to become a member if you want a key because the facility was built in conjunction with BREC and Bayou Airgun Club and continues to be operated by Bayou Airgun Club. BREC doesnt want to pay someone to sit out there and make sure folks dont hurt themselves (or use firearms instead of airgune) so the club takes care of it. Membership in the club is free and anyone is welcome to join - just have to show up to 3 consecutive matches.

If you dont want to join the club, no problem, but you wont get a key and if you want to shoot you'll have to show up when a match is going on or when a club member is there.

Dustin

Top Bottom