State of Kansas going after sperm donor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I heard about this on the Osterlind show. He kept getting the information wrong on it. First time I got so disgusted with him I had to change the channel.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    My question is are the women not responsible for this. The guy delivered it in a jar. He didn't deliver/deliver it if you know what I mean.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    how can he be the father, a doctor artificially inseminated it into a lesbian woman.

Actually, no. Read beyond the headline.

I agree with the ruling. They bypassed the doctor and legal procedures for artificial insemination, therefore any agreement they had was invalid. As far as the court is concerned, he is the biological father. The lesbian couple subsequently got government assistance for the child, which is the whole point of the story. The state is saying hell no, you didn't play by the rules, so we're not supporting your kid.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Good for the State. I am sick of worthless people having children and getting state assistance. This case is especially disgusting because it is absolutely clear that it was done on purpose.

If you cannot take care of a child on your own, DON'T HAVE ONE or five.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I had heard of something similar from a member here. This is how it was told to me. His friend had a sister who was a lesbian. She and her partner wanted to have a baby so they recruited the brother to be the donor. Except the brother and the sister's partner made the baby the old fashioned way. At some point the sister and her partner broke up so guess who was on the hook for child support? If you think a lawyer is expensive...

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    My question is are the women not responsible for this. The guy delivered it in a jar. He didn't deliver/deliver it if you know what I mean.

The guy didn't consult a lawyer or any laws on the matter. The law is the law you cannot be ignorant to the law and then point fingers. It doesn't matter that the people he donated to were lesbians they could have been a happy Christian couple unable to have kids on their own. You can't use bias against homosexuals to try and say the law shouldn't apply to him.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Actually, no. Read beyond the headline.

I agree with the ruling. They bypassed the doctor and legal procedures for artificial insemination, therefore any agreement they had was invalid. As far as the court is concerned, he is the biological father. The lesbian couple subsequently got government assistance for the child, which is the whole point of the story. The state is saying hell no, you didn't play by the rules, so we're not supporting your kid.

This. Don't feel sorry for the guy at all. Nor do I feel sorry for the women. The system sucks but it also protects you down the road.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom