State paperwork

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Is it me or is it always take so long to get your paper work back from the state for any class 3?

Wyndi is the only person really processing it and they have a huge backlog. I just received some forms from January.

Many people are upset about this, but I think they are doing what they can.

Everyone needs to start supporting House Bill 277 to repeal the state paperwork requirement. If you really want to see this go away I would start contacting your legislators.

House Bill 277, introduced by state Representative Eddie Lambert (R-59), was temporarily postponed for additional amendments. This bill would repeal the current duplicative state-level NFA weapon and suppressor registration. Louisiana is the only state that has this burdensome registration scheme that adversely impacts law-abiding Louisianans and their businesses. NFA weapons and suppressors are already heavily regulated by the federal government.

Chris88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    St Charles Parish
    Wyndi is the only person really processing it and they have a huge backlog. I just received some forms from January.

QUOTE=TDH; BIG BOY ARMAMENT: Many people are upset about this, but I think they are doing what they can.

Everyone needs to start supporting House Bill 277 to repeal the state paperwork requirement. If you really want to see this go away I would start contacting your legislators.

House Bill 277, introduced by state Representative Eddie Lambert (R-59), was temporarily postponed for additional amendments. This bill would repeal the current duplicative state-level NFA weapon and suppressor registration. Louisiana is the only state that has this burdensome registration sch

I think this subject should be a sticky.

Last edited:

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I am all for the state requirment being repealed but a customer of mine spoke to Wyndie last Wednesday and she told him the online system is going to be rolled out next month for state registration. I didn't hear it from her personally, but he seems to usually have good info.

If it works as touted the online system would provide quite a bit of relief until we ccan get this requirement repealed.

Chris88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    St Charles Parish
    I am all for the state requirment being repealed but a customer of mine spoke to Wyndie last Wednesday and she told him the online system is going to be rolled out next month for state registration. I didn't hear it from her personally, but he seems to usually have good info.

If it works as touted the online system would provide quite a bit of relief until we ccan get this requirement repealed.

I hope so some thing needs to be done. I am waiting two and a half months for a suppressor.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I sent off my SBR paperwork January 18th. Called about 2 and a half months later to check on the status. They said they couldn't find it, but that didn't mean they didn't have it :dunno: Waited a little while longer, said F it, and sold the MK18 upper to fund other things...

State sign-off showed up today... 3.5 months later.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I sent off my SBR paperwork January 18th. Called about 2 and a half months later to check on the status. They said they couldn't find it, but that didn't mean they didn't have it :dunno: Waited a little while longer, said F it, and sold the MK18 upper to fund other things...

Lol.

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    This is insane. I remember when this was a five day process mailbox to mailbox. But then again it was way back in 2009...

JR1572

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles

That there is funny, I dont care who you are!!!! :bowrofl:

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    This is insane. I remember when this was a five day process mailbox to mailbox. But then again it was way back in 2009...

JR1572

My first state form took exactly 9 days mailbox to mailbox and my form 1 took 81 days. The long waits have kept a small bit of change in my pocket!

Walterg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I just recieved state approval on two suppressors that was recieved by the state on Apr. 10. They were in my mailbox yesterday (Apr. 29) when I got home! Made my day!

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    This whole state thing is crap. I have two of them that were sent in the beginning of March and still nothing. I called today and Wyndie is out of the office until next Monday.

AJC

Newbie Scumbag
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Metry
    My dealer mailed state paperwork on 10 Apr and sent off the form 4 on 26 Apr so it looks like the backlog is clearing a bit..

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom