State police paperwork

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    if you're talking about State Registration for an SBR or Suppressor, mine have typically taken about 2 weeks. Shana's generally pretty fast. i think it takes a while to get routed to her b/c when it's received, it's pretty much approved and turned around in a day.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    What is the time at now? I bought a suppressor out of Washington state, the guy filed with ATF, and didn't know about any state permit stuff and so the process has ground to a halt while he is waiting on state approval to transfer to my C3 dealer in LA.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Still 2 weeks

Make copys of everything. Miss Shana great to deal with but stuff gets lost every so often.

Did I say "Make copys of everything" ?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Good. Guy says ATF will hold off for 4-6 weeks before he has to re-submit. It might work out :)
    The ATF will hold out longer.they just want good communication with the dealer.i had an error on a form 4 and they gave me as long a needed.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The ATF will hold out longer.they just want good communication with the dealer.i had an error on a form 4 and they gave me as long a needed.

It's a Form 3, not a Form 4. First I need it Form 3'd to LA, to do that, this state has some wonky form that needs filling out, then Form 4'd to me, again with the state form performed as well. This state is just like California in that noone accepts anything from it, and it accepts nothing from anyone else, EXCEPT for CCW permit reciprocity, which is awesome.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It's a Form 3, not a Form 4. First I need it Form 3'd to LA, to do that, this state has some wonky form that needs filling out, then Form 4'd to me, again with the state form performed as well. This state is just like California in that noone accepts anything from it, and it accepts nothing from anyone else, EXCEPT for CCW permit reciprocity, which is awesome.

either way, i do not believe there is technically a time limit for any of the forms, regardless of a Form 1/2/3/4/5 etc., before a "denial" or resubmission. Once on the ATF examiner's desk, after he goes through it, if there is an error, then they don't like it to sit for 4-6 weeks, BUT they will work with you. I've spoken directly to one my examiners and he's been very helpful in explaining the process, so don't worry, as long as you or your dealer stays in contact with them, they will make sure you're ok.

The State paperwork is stupid and its a tiny little bump in the road by adding a few weeks, but your dealer can start on your State paperwork again, while your Form 3 is in process, so you should be good to go to submit the Form 4 WITH State paperwork by the time the Form 3 comes back.

good luck!

Top Bottom