State Trooper Tazed by BRPD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Thoughts?

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -
    Picture this. A State trooper and a Baton Rouge cop get into it. They exchange words, but it doesn't end there. It ends with the trooper getting tazed, and now, the whole ordeal is coming to light.

The Baton Rouge Police responded to a call of a fight near the LSU campus on Sunday morning. Once they arrived on the scene, they found two groups of men in a parking lot. Police zeroed in on one man who was reportedly holding his beer bottle in a threatening manner.

According to a probable cause report, despite repeated commands from authorities, 26-year-old Blake Huval would not put the bottle down. The report discloses that Huval allegedly told the officers, ‘"What are you going to do if I do not put it down?"'

The report goes on to say that another man, identified as Chase Huval, an off duty State Trooper, stepped forward and pushed the arresting Baton Rouge police officer. The officer then tazed Trooper Huval. Blake Huval was arrested on a variety of charges. Trooper Huval, on the other hand, was released with a summons and was not taken in to custody.

Louisiana State Police Captain Doug Cain says the incident is undergoing a full investigation.

"That's where we are now. The Internal Affairs section has an investigation open to the incident regarding Chase Huval. They will get all the facts. There are lots of moving parts in this situation," said Cain.

He added, "Certainly we want to find out everything that happened, and then they will present that to the appointed authority to determine any course of action."

Cain wants the public to know there is no excuse for Huval's actions, and he said we all make mistakes.

"We need to be held accountable. That's what the public expects; that's what the public demands. We take a great pride in the badge; integrity that comes with it. It's a privilege afforded to us by the public, and certainly, we want to live up to that," said Cain.

Trooper Huval is now on paid administrative leave, as the internal investigation underway.

He shouldn't have pushed the city cop, that's cut and dry to me.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I know Chase Huval very well . He went to school with my boys . I hope he doesn't lose his job over this . That liquid courage has made an ass of many a man .

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    Hope he doesn't lose his job either. I DO, however, believe he got exactly what he deserved. Nothing worse than a cocky SOB that think they are above the law.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Alcohol and off duty cops are a bad mixture.

Every time I see the word "tazed" my head hurts. It's like saying "glocked" when someone is shot with a projectile from a Glock. "Taser" is a brand name, not a verb.

JR1572

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

Every time I see the word "tazed" my head hurts. It's like saying "glocked" when someone is shot with a projectile from a Glock. "Taser" is a brand name, not a verb.

JR1572

thank viral videos on "DONT TAZE ME BRO"'

just curious, what verb do you apply

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

JR1572

I've never heard the term "glocked" before. . That's a new one on me.. The meaning is pretty obvious though. .

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I didn't read that the trooper abused his authority, and I'm assuming he was off duty. IMHO he acted as a civilian and should be treated as so. His occupation shouldn't have any bearing in this offense...

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    His occupation won't have any bearing on this offense. However, I do believe this offense will have some bearing on his occupation.

Top Bottom