Stealerships at their finest...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I agree with the phrase, "They should be made to buy the car!" I also think they should be charged with conspiracy to commit fraud.

Then the guy who recorded this, should sue the dealership out of existence; and GM should pull their brand from them.

Total scumbags!

ferrari-joyride.jpg

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Small Time Mechs can be no different.

I've had a SUV at a Small time Mech for 3 weeks now, BARELY any progress on putting a new motor in. Oh I got called into work this weekend, oh I hurt my wrist saturday, oh I need this part well I forgot to tell you to pick this up....****'s getting old :mad:

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    I remember back in '98 when Dodge came out with the V-10 in their trucks and a guy I worked with bought one. He was so proud of it when he showed up at work after picking it up, until I asked him how was the burnout? He looked confused, said he took it easy driving it over since it wasn't broke in yet. Then I showed him how the rear tires showed the tell-tale signs of rolled rubber edges on the tires and melted rubber spatter on the rear fender. Needless to say he was a little pissed and I think someone got fired from the "stealership" that day.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I remember back in '98 when Dodge came out with the V-10 in their trucks and a guy I worked with bought one. He was so proud of it when he showed up at work after picking it up, until I asked him how was the burnout? He looked confused, said he took it easy driving it over since it wasn't broke in yet. Then I showed him how the rear tires showed the tell-tale signs of rolled rubber edges on the tires and melted rubber spatter on the rear fender. Needless to say he was a little pissed and I think someone got fired from the "stealership" that day.

LOL!

My Ol'man told me a similar story once.

Said he and his 'BAD' older brother as he liked to call him were spinning out in their Dad's Truck.
    One day, after eating dinner he called them outside under the carport. He pointed to the back rear tire, looked at them and said, 'Don't spend the tires on this truck ever again'. "Yes sir"

My Dad is now 57, he hasn't burned rubber on a tire since.

He said that's how my PawPaw always handled things. They were spanked when they were young,(like me and like I have done now to mine) enough that once teenagers, they knew damn well that spanking was the last thing they wanted and knew how to avoid getting one. OBEY! once you're on you own, well, you're on your own. But under Daddy's Roof, OBEYING was the most peaceful way to live and in doing so great life lessons would be learned.

Last edited:

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    LOL!

Said he and his 'BAD' older brother as he liked to call him were spinning out in their Dad's Truck.
    One day, after eating dinner he called them outside under the carport. He pointed to the back rear tire, looked at them and said, 'Don't spend the tires on this truck ever again'. "Yes sir"

He said that's how my PawPaw always handled things. They were spanked when they were young,(like me and like I have done now to mine) enough that once teenagers, they knew damn well that spanking was the last thing they wanted and knew how to avoid getting one. OBEY! once you're on you own, well, you're on your own. But under Daddy's Roof, OBEYING was the most peaceful way to live and in doing so great life lessons would be learned.

Amen, on the latter half...
    I did my share to earn the spankings I got, and I feel I turned out well, in life...

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    WOW,
    I guarantee you that no matter what that guys profession is/was/will be in the future. He will always be like that.
    No Respect.
    Its a shame the good have to suffer for the bad. But Id rather suffer a little and be able to weed out numbnuts like this.

IM here to tell you that this is all too common at dealerships.
    Its the mentality of :
    a: ITs not my car
    b: its not my customer
    c: the dealer is rich, why should I worry about his customers
    d: if it brakes , let warranty handle it
    e: Did i mention , Its not my car.

this is exactly why you stay local. Owner / Operators actually give a ****, and have a reputation to protect.

Hitman : you are correct. If its a 1 to 2 man operation, STay away. THis means they have no work and no customer base.
    Small business with several employees is a good sign of whats going on.
    Hard as its gonna be, you have to stay civil, and let him finish. No one is going to pick up in the middle of a job that someone else took apart.
    Soon as you get it back, take it to another mechanic and let them find / correct the mistakes. Because there are gonna be some

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    LOL!

Hitman, I must have 3 of the most hard headed boys in the world because spanking them NEVER worked. But I've found out what does, 200 deep knee bends followed by 25 push-ups, followed by 5 minutes in the "Ranger" thinking position (toes and elbows on the ground) and they're begging for relief. Did I mention standing at attention with arms out to the side works good too? Good old exercise gives them a chance to re-think some things. They're good boys that make bad decisions sometimes.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I worked at a "small" mechanic shop. Usually consisted of 4 professionals, and 4 "amateur" mechanics. Big jobs would go to the educated mechanics, and water/fuel pumps, batteries, tune ups, etc would go to the other mechanics.

In the 2 years of full time work, I never saw anyone truly thrash a customer's car. I'm sure there was an occasional burnout, but the boss/owner would throw a fit if he saw you costing him money.

99% of the time, you didn't want to beat the cars up - those POS cars were usually held together with coat hangers and duct tape. If you broke it, you had to fix it without pay...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Hitman, I must have 3 of the most hard headed boys in the world because spanking them NEVER worked. But I've found out what does, 200 deep knee bends followed by 25 push-ups, followed by 5 minutes in the "Ranger" thinking position (toes and elbows on the ground) and they're begging for relief. Did I mention standing at attention with arms out to the side works good too? Good old exercise gives them a chance to re-think some things. They're good boys that make bad decisions sometimes.

Yea I know what you mean. We don't whip ours for everything, sometimes we have to get creative.

Top Bottom