Sti 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    I have one. It is a tactical model. Very nice gun. I am not a professional by any means buy I can get decent groupings. Price was hard to beat. Bought it from a member for <350 and I've put hundreds of rounds through it.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    When there are so many pistols available that are capable of shooting 2" groups at 25 yards and so few shooters that can shoot 2" groups at 25 yards why do people continually post that a particular pistol is more accurate than the shooter when most pistols are more accurate than most shooters? I have never personally seen a shooter that could shoot better groups than a quality pistol was capable of but I have seen sub 2" groups fired from Glocks at 25 yards.

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    I'd make the case that you'll shoot a 2" group with the Trojan before the Glock. I've shot both quite a bit, at least 10K through a 9mm Trojan. I replaced that with a Glock 34 and have since settled on the HK as my preferred piece. If I had to turn in a "best" group I'd pick up the STI or HK over the Glock.

If you want an accurate pistol so that you have the best tool to reach a goal along those lines, the trigger on the 1911 will allow for it a little easier than the Glock, in my experience/opinion. An HK with a good LEM can accomplish the same result but it will cost almost twice as much to accomplish what the STI will probably do stock.

I just turned started playing at 25 yards a bit recently both one and two handed (see recent bullseye thread) and I think the pursuit of accuracy is a noble goal, though I agree it is discussed more than achieved.

I know for a fact the average shooter on the internet can outshoot me ;^)

PS - I will say the HK VP9 is freakishly accurate. I've shot three and they all turned in tiny groups. For the money I bet it is the point of diminishing returns.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Bullseye shooters are something else and with your shooting ability Paul I am sure you can compete with them. I recently saw a Bullseye shooter fire 10 rounds at 25 yards with one hand and shoot 98/100.
    With my vision and many physical issues I am at the lowest point in my life as far as shooting ability which has been going downhill for about 10 years. I have been unable to shoot most of this year due to physical issues and with 70 year old eyes and trembling hands I do not expect any improvement.
    I still enjoy watching good shooters practice.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Went with sti Trojan 45 acp crp pistol from Dawson precision.

I took the Sti Dawson precision Trojan crp to range today. I am more than happy with it. What a great pistol. Very accurate and never had an issue. Have Tripp cobra mags with Dawson CNc aluminum base pads for them and they also ran flawless. Very happy with the Sti and what Dawson did. Can't wait for next trip to range.

shotgunjim

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 20, 2016
    Baton Rouge
    Just bought a new STI Spartan V for a good price and am very impressed with everything about it. More accurate than I am. And the best thing is the customer service from what I hear. jim

Top Bottom