STI Finish

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daxt79

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Has any one had any finish issues with their STI's? I bought a ranger II in December & noticed it has developed a light rust haze on the beavertail & lower portion of the trigger gaurd after only a few weeks. I keep it in a safe with multiple other guns that have no issues with them. Just wondering what others think of STI's blued finishes. The rust haze came right off by wiping it down with a silicon cloth. :wtc:

daxt79

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    The reason I asked is because it's doing it so quickly. I have multiple other "blued" guns in the same safe & they have been fine for over a year with normal cleaning & wiping down. This one seem to haze over very quickly.

I may think about hard chroming it or some other coating. Does any one have any sugestions? I know there are some sponser that do some pretty durable coatings.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    The reason I asked is because it's doing it so quickly. I have multiple other "blued" guns in the same safe & they have been fine for over a year with normal cleaning & wiping down. This one seem to haze over very quickly.

I may think about hard chroming it or some other coating. Does any one have any sugestions? I know there are some sponser that do some pretty durable coatings.

http://www.plate-tacular.com/

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have noticed that the thumb safety on my STI has a maroon color to it, but unless you are looking at it from 3 inches away, you can't see it.

Other than that, it looks pretty typical for the amount of wear.

Top Bottom