STI lawman 3.0 9mm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mwraines88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    Have pretty much narrowed down my new CCW to a STI lawman 3.0, given the features found in this gun. Does anyone have any advice, experience, or thoughts on this particular pistol, especially from current or past owners. Would appreciate any info. Also who may have the best price on one.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I can not give any first hand advice on the pistol in question but I would do my homework before purchasing any 1911 with a sub 4" barrel.

Mwraines88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    From what I've researched 1911's with 3" barrels initially had problems when they first came on the scene, which was a good while back. There have been alot of advances in the technology since. There have been different manufacturer issues with these handguns but none attributed to the actual length of the barrel. You may run into varying bullet velocities because of it but nothing that hurts the guns operation.

- - - Updated - - -

of course thats just online research I have never personally owned a 3" 1911

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Remember that the bbl is not the hard part to conceal, it is the grip. But I would deff do some google-fu on a 3" 1911. As for the Spartan 1911 format in 9mm is muchco bueno!!

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    A 4" isn't any harder to carry. I love my STI, 9mm Trojan. I stay away from 3" 1911's, but do like the Sig P938, which is 1911ish. Commander size (or compact if we are talking sig) are great guns.

Top Bottom