STI / Surfire Liberty Hill, TX

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Asian, what place did you finish?
    Monk, our group was sitting rite by yours, I was talking with Tim and John, Tommy a little, he shot a great match

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    I had fun, and would go back notwithstanding some perceived drama re: the prize table.

Congrats to Tommy on a great match.

KZ, I thought the long range stage was pretty fun :D .........

......Except for all the blood :eek3:

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    KZ not sure where i finished. of course my 2 yr old shotgun starts having issues two weeks before the match. There's a ton of drama I've read. I'm gonna check out Fallen Breathern heard it's 10 times better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I finished 9th in tac ops. Could have done better with a level playing field. I got a rifle though so I am happy. I agree with the others, if Sheldon runs the match next year, it may be a no go for me.

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Accusations that stages were shot differently by different groups, thus resulting in certain folks finishing higher than they should have. Also that the winner of WWII got screwed by being lumped in with Tac Heavy. Yes, mistakes were made, but I really don't think there was any sort of conspiracy to elevate anyone's scores. What I think really happened was a lack of communication between the MD and the ROs. The ROs saw something either unsafe or contrary to what the stage designer intended and changed some of the stages on the fly. That shouldn't happen without re-shooting anyone that shot it differently, or throwing out stages, but I think the MD opted to look the other way in an effort to keep the match moving.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Yea from the way I saw things I'm inclined to say it wasn't the RO's trying to cheat just the MD did a shitty job. I read the guy that won Tac Ops gave his pistol to the kid that came in last. I wonder if there was this much drama last yr? Since I'm so close to Liberty Hill I may just go there and shoot the regular matches depending on how much I like Fallen Brethren

buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    I wonder if there was this much drama last yr? Since I'm so close to Liberty Hill I may just go there and shoot the regular matches depending on how much I like Fallen Brethren

Been trying to stay out of this thread. I shot it last year. There was some drama, not as much, but I watched enough to decide I would not even consider shooting it again.

As far as Fallen Brethren, I believe Aaron Hampton is the MD, same as FB3G, and I doubt there will be any issues like at this match.

Jesse Tischauser

The Mayor
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    Been trying to stay out of this thread. I shot it last year. There was some drama, not as much, but I watched enough to decide I would not even consider shooting it again.

As far as Fallen Brethren, I believe Aaron Hampton is the MD, same as FB3G, and I doubt there will be any issues like at this match.

I shot Texas Multi gun in 2011 and we all wondered who the heck the guys where in the top ten who shot with staff/RO's that we never heard of. Then it got worse in 2012 and even Worse in 2013. Work and an unfair advantage is why I've never gone back.

I have shot fallen brethren every year since inception. It's a natural terrain match versus a bay match at Texas Multi gun. Natural terrain always wins that battle IMHO. Sheldon Blackwell I has been the RM every year and Jim Smith the MD. Both guys seem like stand up guys as far as I can tell. Jim is former Army with some pretty impressive credentials from what I've heard.

I'll be back to fallen brethren as long as they will have me.

Might not be as close but check out the Generation III Gun championship up in MO. Two day 8 stage match in September.

http://generation3gun.com

Last edited:

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Jesse my in laws live on the water near your match. The main reason I haven't signed up is I'm waiting to hear about nursing school. My other problem is my shooting buddy is my wife's boss so who would I bring to the lake?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom