Stock repair work

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I find that on most forums they don't have sections just for stock repair work.
    Most of you would agree that it is hard to find someone to repair wood stocks.
    Well one of my hobbies is stock repair work and I have been doing it for 20 years and love to save those stocks that most would throw in the trash.
    For those that don't know me or have never seen some of my work you can check it out at Surplus Rifle Forum. I have 4 Stickies on different types of stock repairs in the stock care section. http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewforum.php?f=83
    I offer my services to the members of BayouShooters at a cost that is way below any gunsmith you can find. I only charge what it would cost you to do the repair yourself, or I will help you do the repair for free.
    I don't do this for the money, it's a hobby that I love to do and once you start doing something for money it stops being fun.
    So if you need help with anything just shoot me a PM.
    Also if one of you live close by and would like to learn how to do stock repair work, I am willing to teach you for free.

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    This is a major thanks to Candyman. I took him up on his offer to learn stock repair from him. He is a genius at diagnosing and repairing stocks! I learned more from him in a few hours of hands-on work than I could have ever learned from a book. I brought two stocks for repair, one in pieces, which we worked on. The resulting repairs and rehab you'd have to look at very carefully to see it. A casual viewer would not see the repairs. He took pictures of the before and afters, so hopefully he'll post them here. Thanks for the education!

usa1sg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    I have a stock I am interested in getting repaired. It is on a single shot 410 with no collector interest but a lot of sentimental value. I would like for you to look at it at your convenience. I work in BR and could drop by after work some time.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I have a stock I am interested in getting repaired. It is on a single shot 410 with no collector interest but a lot of sentimental value. I would like for you to look at it at your convenience. I work in BR and could drop by after work some time.
    I'm not taking in work this year, trying to catch up on my own project guns. But if you wish to come by I would be more then happy to show you how to make the repairs. I have everything on hand to make the repairs, so all you need to bring is the stock and some time to work on it.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    I will also say that candyman is a good guy. He helped me repair a stock and showed me a few tricks for making other repairs. He is very generous and will help anyone who wants to learn a thing or two about stock work. I only wish I would have more time to put towards soaking up the info he has to share.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I used to. Let look around to see if I can find it. He's a great guy. Very knowledgeable and willing to help.

Dave

Top Bottom