Stolen gun alert (update)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kpm1234

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Lafayette
    Please move if need be.

LAFAYETTE
    My house was burgeled this morning.
    P230 SIG S137 977 rosewood hogues
    ALLOY framed Hi Power. 245PV20182 and belgian number GV A582 85 Black T Full C&S treatment, hammer, sears and trigger.
    Please keep a look out.
    Almost forgot, Kids Xbox and Wifes rings.

Two guys caught and convicted. 7 years hard labor. Guns are of course long gone.

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Please move if need be.

LAFAYETTE
    ALLOY framed Hi Power. 245PV20182 and belgian number GV A582 85 Black T Full C&S treatment, hammer, sears and trigger.
    Please keep a look out.

Kevin

Hey, only the important things matter, right?

Anyway, good luck getting those guns back. Definitely don't want to see anything bad happen with them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Please move if need be.

LAFAYETTE
    Please keep a look out.

Kevin

That sucks! I hate theives! Hope you get your stuff back.

But don't let your wife see that you included her rings almost as an unimportant after thought. :nono:

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    It would be nice if you would give out a little more infor for the people in Lafayette, at least an area or how the bastards got in

If you dont mind .......

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Hey man I have an Xbox 360 in less than amazing condition that still works perfect. If you don't have insurance to cover this drop me a line and the xbox is yours. Well your child's.

kpm1234

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Lafayette
    As they always say, normally yes. Today those two were in a locked wood cabinet. I think the lock just made it more attractive. Fortunatly, all the rest are in real safes as normal. Not like I should not have had all of them fully secure, but a could have been alot worse.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Notify pawn shop owners. Authorize them to buy them and you will have the sellers id. Good luck.

I had a gold ring stolen by a go-fer who was working for a contractor we had been using for some time to do odd jobs, mostly outside work.

I alternate several different rings, so I knew when I last had it.

We alerted the contractor. He had taken the go-fer to a pawn shop in Denham, as the boy didn't have transportation, and he knew the owner. The ring was recovered pretty quickly. Pawn shops are not allowed to sell items for a month or so. It did take almost two months to get the ring back in my possession, but BRPD was very cooperative. It was cross parish. The ring was stolen in EBRP and pawned in Livingston.

The boy was already in a heap of trouble and I don't think charges were filed.

Guns get LEOs' attention much more quickly than a single ring and a felon in possession of one can get his butt in a crack.

Here's hoping your property is retrieved.

Kudos (atta boys) to 03Protege for your kind offer.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    As they always say, normally yes. Today those two were in a locked wood cabinet. I think the lock just made it more attractive. Fortunatly, all the rest are in real safes as normal. Not like I should not have had all of them fully secure, but a could have been alot worse.

I'm very sorry to hear this, and hope your property is recovered swiftly and returned to you- and these rats get what is coming to them.

Thank you for posting this- because know that you may have actually helped some fellow gun owners in doing so by illustrating the importance of a gun safe to those who may not believe they need one...the fact that you made the wise decision to invest in one is the reason you still have your guns today, in light of what happened...

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    Let's keep this one on top of the posts for kpm1234. LEO's in our area have access to the Gold List which ties directly into a database of items pawned in the region including Mississippi. If you know someone with access it is updated continuously. LaSpostman is definitely a site to monitor. A Guy in BR listed a Kimber Custon II earlier this week my son wanted. When he contacted the guy things got sketchy. He did not want to meet where my Son works in BR rather wanted to know where he lived. The post almost immediately disappeared.

kpm1234

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Lafayette
    The LEO in charge was a great guy, also a gun guy. When I described the hi power to him he came up with a very accurate value off the top of his head. He actually stopped at the nearest pawn shops before going to the office and posted items in the system. Great guy doing a super job.
    Thanks to everyone so far. Well over 550 views so far, hopefully that equals a lot of eyes out there. There is a show in lafayette next week. If we get 50 or so folks looking around maybe something will turn up.
    Everyone says it's not the money or the items, however the real thing to me is in fact catching these people. Stuff is just stuff and it can be replaced or done without. Crooks need to go to jail.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm very sorry to hear this, and hope your property is recovered swiftly and returned to you- and these rats get what is coming to them.

Thank you for posting this- because know that you may have actually helped some fellow gun owners in doing so by illustrating the importance of a gun safe to those who may not believe they need one...the fact that you made the wise decision to invest in one is the reason you still have your guns today, in light of what happened...

Hear! Hear! The name says it all; Gun Safe! A place that makes safe; guns!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom