Stolen Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Please keep an eye out for My single six. SN 67-96313 And Dads series 80 Colt 1911 box stock { do not have the Colt's # handy}
    It was taken from my dads home when I loaned it to him. Was last in a green soft Cabela's Zipper case {gun RUG}
    It is a 1980 SS gun that has new style Black Laminate Ruger Gun Fighter grips added. The black grips have a ghost gray wood grain
    And has a high polish since the finish was scratched.
    It has just the 22lr cylinder {i still have the 22WMR one} It is a flashy gun
    I know who entered the home and walked out with it. And JSPO is working on it.
    If you are reading this we know who you are 100% You entered a old mans home and walked out with them. The whole time he though you came by as a visit!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Posting in the event that someone tries to do a private sale FTF to a member here or anyone you know thanks

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    Stop by your local pawn shops introduce yourself be friendly and ask him to be on the lookout for it. Worked for a relativeof mine that lost a gun to another relative.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Stop by your local pawn shops introduce yourself be friendly and ask him to be on the lookout for it. Worked for a relativeof mine that lost a gun to another relative.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

yup. even emailing the pic to a few local pawn shops will have an impact. you dont want the gun to exchange hands, but they definitely don't want stolen property.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    yup. even emailing the pic to a few local pawn shops will have an impact. you dont want the gun to exchange hands, but they definitely don't want stolen property.

Out of curiosity do the pawn shops here have to check incoming firearms against a police database of reported stolen firearms? I had a shotgun stolen when I lived in Kentucky and both the cops and the pawn shops told me that this was there case there.

Curiously enough I also learned that stealing anhydrous ammonia, like stealing firearms, is an automatic felony charge regardless of the value of the item.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Out of curiosity do the pawn shops here have to check incoming firearms against a police database of reported stolen firearms? I had a shotgun stolen when I lived in Kentucky and both the cops and the pawn shops told me that this was there case there.

Curiously enough I also learned that stealing anhydrous ammonia, like stealing firearms, is an automatic felony charge regardless of the value of the item.

I dont know if they are required to by state law, but its solid business practice. if discovered stolen, it gets confiscated and the pawn shop is just out the bucks... so its pretty much their norm to check pretty darn quick.

Top Bottom