stolen truck

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sigfan556

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    slidell,LA
    my truck was stolen friday morning. i am wondering if anyone on here has any advise for me. if you have been through this before. i have full coverage on the truck. but just wondering if anyone might have some advise for me.thanks in advance.

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    First, before you panic and call the cops, call the local impound lot or lots. This is in case it was already found and then impounded. Also, perhaps your truck was improperly parked, and towed to the lot. It’s a good idea to check the impound lots to ensure the vehicle is stolen. Second, find and organize the vehicle’s identifying information. That includes the VIN number, make, model, year, color and license plate numbers. This is all important information that will be needed for a police report. Third, after filing the report, get your insurance information and give your provider a call. Insurance will also want to know where any extra keys are, and the names of anyone who has access to your truck. Finally if there is still money owed on the truck, get the financing, or leasing company’s contact information and let them know.

Last edited:

sigfan556

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    slidell,LA
    First, before you panic and call the cops, call the local impound lot or lots. This is in case it was already found and then impounded. Also, perhaps your truck was improperly parked, and towed to the lot. It’s a good idea to check the impound lots to ensure the vehicle is stolen. Second, find and organize the vehicle’s identifying information. That includes the VIN number, make, model, year, color and license plate numbers. This is all important information that will be needed for a police report. Third, after filing the report, get your insurance information and give your provider a call. Insurance will also want to know where any extra keys are, and the names of anyone who has access to your truck. Finally if there is still money owed on the car, get the financing, or leasing company’s contact information and let them know.
    i did think about that but a truck three cars down from mine was sitting on concrete blocks the police said what probably happened is that they stole my truck and put the tires from the ford in the bed of the truck. and took off. apparently from what the cop told me this has been a constant problem where i live.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    i did think about that but a truck three cars down from mine was sitting on concrete blocks the police said what probably happened is that they stole my truck and put the tires from the ford in the bed of the truck. and took off. apparently from what the cop told me this has been a constant problem where i live.
    Move! Free advice

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Anytime a vehichle is towed i belive it has to be reported due to the fact that people will report it stolen. I could be incorrect.

sigfan556

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    slidell,LA
    the thing that sucks the most is im getting married next month and really wasn't looking to spend money on a new freaking car.

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    Stolen in St. Tammany? Cameras located throughout the Parish with plate reading database monitored by the LSP and STPSO should help locate it.

sigfan556

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    slidell,LA
    it was stolen in st. tammany. the cop told me about the cameras. he actually pulled the last picture of it up and it was me driving apparently running a red light.:wtc:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    it was stolen in st. tammany. the cop told me about the cameras. he actually pulled the last picture of it up and it was me driving apparently running a red light.

Oops. Oh well... sorry about the truck.
    A good percentage of stolen cars are recovered in fixable condition in the first 72 hours. They are often found by tow truck drivers. Call a few of the local tow companies and give them a description of the truck, maybe offer $100 reward to the one that finds it?

Call your insurance company. Be understanding of them though. Many vehicles that are reported stolen are 'taken' by the owners hoping for either a payment or to get out of a note. Often the claims are handled by the insurance company's fraud investigators. The super friendly adjusters that take care of a bent bumper are not the same ones that handle a theft! Don't take it personally. They'll lighten up once they realize you're not involved.

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    More and more theft is occuring in that area since Katrina, and the influx of people from the other side the lake into the area. There are gangs which are actually using vehicle theft as initiations to belong. PITA, for sure. A close friend had her Jeep stolen but it was found and returned to her with minimal damage.
    Good luck finding yours and hopefully it will be intact!

sigfan556

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    slidell,LA
    update they never found the truck insurance actually treated me right! went and bought a 2013 Hyundai sonata! like the car but the transition from truck to car has been a little rough!

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Sure glad they took care of you. Hyundai sonata pretty sharp looking little car. You can use your old gas money to buy more toys! :D

Top Bottom