Stop screaming and start shooting!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Seen the video before, it's definitely a tough one to watch. It definitely shows that simply having a gun is not enough. You must be able and PREPARED to use it if necessary. There was almost a full 20 seconds the officer was justified in shooting before the BG fired a shot. Sadly, the officer was obviously surprised and caught off guard that the man didn't obey him. Even halfway through the gunfight, after already being shot he still attempts to commands the guy to stop.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wouldn't lethal force be justified when the man advanced? The officer had drawn on him, so the man could have had the intention of disarming the officer. He certainly didn't care about the gun pointed at him.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wouldn't lethal force be justified when the man advanced? The officer had drawn on him, so the man could have had the intention of disarming the officer. He certainly didn't care about the gun pointed at him.

Hindsight is 20/20, but yeah- he should've given him 2 in the chest.....

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I think the video was used in bad taste as an advertising tool, showing little respect for the fallen officer, but it drives the point home. It's hard to second guess the officer's actions in that situation. Maybe he thought the guy was drunk or high and didn't think it was something to shoot him over but when the gun came out, game on.

Speedracer said it best. "Having a gun is not enough."

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Was that guy wearing body armor or something? What they heck was he shooting? What was said at the 2:49 point?

- Nevermind I found a version with the text. That was horrible. Ends up the cop died and in the exchanged fire shot the guy in the stomach they found him later and he was convicted and sentenced to death.

Last edited:

Rbelote

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Smithdale, MS
    I wonder if the officer had a rifle in his trunk. What is protocol/policy on deploying your rifle as an officer? I would have opened my trunk when he wouldnt leave his truck. He probably would have gotten lead in the ace too when he brought the rifle up in his tuck. THen when he turned it in my direction it would have continued. I hope...I might be a screamer too.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Really hard to watch.

I noticed the timestamp was from 1998-- were they carrying tasers back then?

Part of me was expecting to hear the "click-click-click" of a taser after he told the guy to back up four or five times.

Some of you LEO, when are you permitted to use less-lethal means to subdue an unruly suspect? If someone is up in your face and refuses to back off, what are your options?

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I have been thinking about this video and I am glad you posted it. I have seen so many videos of individuals doing very similar things, like what that gentleman did at the beginning of the video, where they get out of their car and harass the officer and people scream bloody murder when they get tasered. I know it bothered me when it occurred. That video shines light on how a situation like simple non-compliance can escalate quickly into a life or death situation.

I now have a new found respect for LEO. Thanks again for posting this video. It opened my naive eyes. God Bless you guys and stay safe.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom