Storage for Firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Does anyone know of a facilty that allows storage of firearms in our area? We are selling our home and need to "stage" everything for the showings. I used to use the pawn shop for my guitars when I was out on the road for extended periods but that was in another market -the pawn shops and customers around here, well -you know.

Any help is appreciated.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Can't just tuck em out the way? In a closet behind some clothes or somethin? Wrap em up and put em in attic temporarily? Hell I dunno. I don't have kids in the house or anything so mine just lean up against the wall in closet, next to bed, one on top of toilet, etc ... I have **** everywhere. Lol

Last edited:

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    You could bring them to a shop on consignment and put a high price, but then pay the owner for the work. Someone may even take you up on the make me sell price

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    If something were to happen to any or all of the firearms in storeage be it a storeage facility or at a place of business or a private facility would they be be covered with some type of insurance against /loss / theft and replacement. Would hate to see something happen and you get shafted................................................. drill sgt.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    If something were to happen to any or all of the firearms in storeage be it a storeage facility or at a place of business or a private facility would they be be covered with some type of insurance against /loss / theft and replacement. Would hate to see something happen and you get shafted................................................. drill sgt.

I owned a mini storage. The facility is not responsible for your items. You can buy renters insurance to cover your stuff.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    How many of what type of firearms are you talking about? A couple handguns or a few dozen rifles?

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    If you store them with a dealer FFL, legally they will have to make you do a brady check before they can return them to you. If you can't store them out of sight, I'd buy a gang box in the garage for short term storage.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I just had all mine in a safe, and put all my ammo/mags in a big double door locker with a lock on it… never had a issue

To me if that makes you loose a sale they weren’t interested anyway

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I remember St. Bernard indoor had some deal with another company to store guns.

Edit.... Well, actually, they got robbed last night. So that's out the way. Doubt it'll happen again... Right?

Last edited:

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    :eek3: yikes. Going into Orleans parish alone is a risk, much less voluntarily leaving weapons there.

I completely agree. I would never use that place. Just passing on some info I have been told. Website doesn’t even mention firearm storage so maybe they no longer even offer the service.

Last edited:

tjkenn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    I think it depends on the number of firearms. I stored a couple of unloaded handguns in a locked safe in a conditioned storage facility along with my furniture for a few months while moving. You needed a code to get in the building and a code to use the elevators. I would check with the facility.

Top Bottom