Straight razors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Pitkin area
    I didn't realize there were so many on here into str8 razors. Glad to hear it. I love mine. Also en 2016-02-28 18.14.10.jpgjoy rebuilding them. Here are some I re-scaled with a piece of mesquite I found in West Texas.

Last edited:

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I just started using a safety razor and you guys have to come along and add more stuff to my head. I have my grandfathers straight razor with a chipped end. May have to bring it to Roy in Covington and get it in working order.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Nice. I have a few Case XX straight razors. I even have one owned by John Hart who played the Lone Ranger for a while. I'll try to post photos tomorrow.

Rick

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Pitkin area
    Not hard at all. If it is shave ready, a good strop will keep you going for quite a while. You tube has a lot of tutorials that will help. It's a lot of fun to hone them yourself also.

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    As my beard thickness borders on werewolf-grade, I experimented a bit with different shaving methods, etc. years ago, including the straight razor. I've shifted away from said, but still find them a close shave, and kept one. It is a pretty "no frills" razor, in that has a black bakelite handle and a sharp blade:

Straight%20BRx.jpg

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Here is a CaseXX straight razor that belonged to John Hart who played the Lone Ranger for a while. I also got a check signed by John Hart and a note from his wife.

Top Bottom