Strange encounter during dinner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    We went to Lakeview Harbor tonight with my brother in law and his wife. Great burgers, btw! Anyway, they sat the 5 of us at a table for up to eight next to the entrance. A scuzzy looking young guy walked in as we were finishing up eating and proceeded to sit in the empty chair next to my b-i-l. My first thought was that they knew each other somehow. That disappeared with the look on my b-i-l's face! He started saying something about being hungry. He and I started telling the guy to get up and get out. No immediate response, the guy continued trying to talk to us. As we started to stand up the punk headed back out the front door. Strange...

Anybody else ever been panhandled during dinner at a restaurant???

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    They didn't really allow it. The guy working as host was distracted by someone at the bar. The whole encounter was under a minute. When we told the waiter what had happened they were ticked. One of the bar backs went out to see if they could spot him, which by that time he was a block down.

I just thought it was pretty gutsy, not to mention unusual, for someone to try that in a restaurant.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Eating at the Fro stop in BR once and this black guy goes over to a chick's table, grabbed her burger, and stuffed it in his mouth. If had not been with my wife and kids I would have given him a beat down.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Back in the "good ole days" he would have been dragged to the back and given a beating. They do not return after that is done.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Those problems existed long before Katrina.

JR1572

What?

I lived there (near old bomb shelter), my entire life up until 2002. There wasn't a safer more close knit neighborhood in all of Orleans Parish. Leading up to Katrina was an inordinate influx of Hispanics on the Jefferson parish side, and some crime was starting appear in places where there was never any fears; but overall it was tampered.

I still have dozens of family members and close friends there. They still run all over Lakeview with no issues.

Now those hipsters?!? :shocked:

Top Bottom