Strange encounter during dinner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    What?

I lived there (near old bomb shelter), my entire life up until 2002. There wasn't a safer more close knit neighborhood in all of Orleans Parish. Leading up to Katrina was an inordinate influx of Hispanics on the Jefferson parish side, and some crime was starting appear in places where there was never any fears; but overall it was tampered.

I still have dozens of family members and close friends there. They still run all over Lakeview with no issues.

Now those hipsters?!? :shocked:

Boy howdy. I miss that delicatessen that used to be on Harrison.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Boy howdy. I miss that delicatessen that used to be on Harrison.

Ah yes! Charlie's!

Let's go way deep; any recollection of Papa Pizza (900 block of Harrison)? Used to be across the street from the old Steak Knife. Though I was a youngster, I clearly remember it being some of the best pizza ever. There was a lot of good food around there back in what they used to call, the day!

1911arkain

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    NOLA
    My wife and I live there now. I asked her about the pizza place and she remembers it from when she lived right off of Filmore on Gen Haig. Mondo is there now. I've been to the places on Harrison a lot and never been panhandled like that. Wouldn't want to sit by the door anymore.

Anyone know what the place it on Harrison by Fleur De Lis? There seems to be a ton of cars there, but there are no signs and the place looks like a big brick house. Can't find anything on it. Wondering if it's a members only invite place, or just a really good restaurant no one has taken me to yet.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My wife and I live there now. I asked her about the pizza place and she remembers it from when she lived right off of Filmore on Gen Haig. Mondo is there now. I've been to the places on Harrison a lot and never been panhandled like that. Wouldn't want to sit by the door anymore.

Anyone know what the place it on Harrison by Fleur De Lis? There seems to be a ton of cars there, but there are no signs and the place looks like a big brick house. Can't find anything on it. Wondering if it's a members only invite place, or just a really good restaurant no one has taken me to yet.

That is Tony Angelo's Italian Restaurant. Mr. Tony may have the best red sauce in the country. You absolutely must go. You will love it!

If you tell your waiter, You want the "feed me" dinner; you will get samplings of many of their dishes and you will not go home hungry. Also, if you go and leave there without trying the fried calamari; you had best kill yourself for dessert. ;)

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Tony Angelo's Feed Me is incredible. Plan on spending a few hours though, fast food it isn't. Plus if you really want to go all out there's a different wine or lacquer appropriate for each course.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    But stick with the high gloss. Semi-gloss or matte will give you a headache.

:D

(D@mn that d@mned predictive typing)

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Maybe. Unless......did he look like this?

x1fw34xwzjf5uvh4bo6y.jpg

Rustoleum lip gloss has not been approved by the CPSC......or VOGUE

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom