Straw Purchase

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Fluker and James were caught in an operation targeted at the illegal diversion of firearms from legal commerce. Fluker had been convicted in 2003 of purse snatching in Jefferson Parish. In 2007, he was convicted of trafficking illegal narcotics in Gwinnett County, Ga.

Involved in the anti-diversion effort on June 25 were the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office detectives and the Kenner Police Department.
    Seems this operation worked a lot better than "Fast and Furious".:mamoru:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Excuse me if they changed this or if I was wrong; but isn't illegal for a convicted felon to even be around guns in the first place?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Like this one:

itaintmyfault July 01, 2011 at 8:53AM

"The fact that folks like Kena can even buy an assault weapon that only has one purpose, killing HUMAN BEINGS, is a travesty and wrong unto itself. Please don't quote the "right to bear arms" crap..... it's so..... 18th century and has no REAL current time application other that self righteous fodder."

This is what we are up against folks! What a misguided simp!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I wonder if he drives a VW Bus

If he/she drives at all, he/she is breaking the law, cause judging by that comment he/she is too stupid to pass DMV test.

I would debate anyone that was able & willing, but I really think I would just want to beat that person up after his/her opening statement.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I once received reply regarding an ATF IBIS form submitted with a gun taken from a felon, the "Time to Crime" block listed 4 days from purchase to seizure, and the felon obviously was not listed as the purchaser.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    They had tried to make a straw purchase from Big Al's, but the seller called them out on it.
    The two then went to another vendor and straw purchased an Draco pistol, along with a 75 round drum and ammo.

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2011/06/063011-no-hilton-fluker-kena-james-criminal-complaint.pdf
    Illegal gun purchase could net 15-year sentence for Avondale man and woman

Hilton Fluker, 25, and Kena James, 23, both pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Helen G. Berrigan, according to U.S. Attorney Jim Letten's Office.

According to a press release, James purchased an assault rifle at a Kenner gun show for Fluker as what authorities call a "straw purchaser." That's when someone legally purchases a weapon for someone who is barred from owning a firearm, typically because of previous felony conviction.
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/12/illegal_gun_purchase_could_net.html

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    My wife ( when she was able ) wanted a rifle to hunt with. We were practicaly thrown out of a gun shop in Sulfur, La b/c the shop owner said it was a straw purchase by her for me. I showed him my CHP and told him the condition of straw purchase...no help. Just a loony tune, and the shop still exists, but w/o my bizness. and there was another employee in the shop who jumped in and actually started getting loud with Straw Purchase...all nutz

Hopefully the story will help educate folks like that

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom