Stream "The Interview"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I'd hope this would open the way for movies to be released on streaming/etc same day as theatrical release.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I'd hope this would open the way for movies to be released on streaming/etc same day as theatrical release.

That door has allready opened to some extent. Not with the big blockbuster releases but yes things are changing in that direction. The next couple years are going to be interesting in digital film entertainment.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I watched it last night. it was really stupid but I found it hilarious too. After all that's been going on it's a must see.

"do you ever feel, like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind, wanting to start again!"

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    This movie is two sided.

On one side, it is a pretty good low brow bromance if you like that sort of thing. Some parts had the room howling.

On the other side, it is a brilliant propaganda film. The tank/helicopter scene at the end is priceless.

I wanted to see this before the hype as I've read and watched a bit about NK.

I do not think there is any chance the hack was a publicity stunt. A studio head may lose her job. Too many emails revealed industry secrets.

Now - was it NK or an insider with sour grapes? Dunno. But after seeing it I can absolutely see why it would make Kim's head explode. I wouldn't put it past him to try to stop the release.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...view-really-does-subvert-north-koreas-regime/

Last edited:

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    You think Sony did 200+ million dollars of damage to themselves, blew premieres of unreleased high dollar films, and damaged industry relationships to promote a $42 million dollar film - and then not have a full theater release?

Whether you like it or not, that makes no sense.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    No, I think they were really hacked, but I also think they took advantage of the situation, as best they could. Maybe not so much a publicity stunt as making lemonade out of lemons.

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    ... if I had worked on the film I'd spin anything and everything I can to have it be a success as well... any lemonade they were able to make, more power to them.

I can fully appreciate it isn't for everyone - but it is certainly for one guy in particular.

I will say Seth and James may not have fully realized how much they were putting themselves in a position to be looking over their shoulders for the rest of Kim's reign. I'd pay to have seen his reactions the first time he saw the movie.

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    Whenever I see a movie, I can put it in one or two of three categories when people ask how I liked it: good, bad, and entertaining. A movie can be bad, but entertaining, and I can still enjoy it. This one wasn't bad, I thought it was funny and definitely entertaining, but I'm probably in the target demographic. I would definitely watch it again in the future with a group of friends.

Top Bottom