Stuck in dallas tx

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I am in dallas / irving texas does anybody know of any shooting ranges where weapons rentals are available. I am here for a week for training for work and need a way to fill in some down time

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    The only one that I'd ever been to burned down the other day after a customer fired off some tracers. My little cousin just showed me this cool site on the internet where you can type a phrase or keyword in and it gives you a bunch of links to websites with that keyword. I think you have to have something faster than 56k speed though. Seriously though, I googled it and it looks like there are quite a few in the Dallas/FTW area. I'm just giving you a hard time, hope this helps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=shooting+range+dallas%2C+tx&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS525US525&aq=f&oq=shooting+range+dallas%2C+tx&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l3j62l2.4204&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=shooting+range+dallas,+tx&hl=en&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS525US525&source=univ&tbm=plcs&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=E4o-UdC5C8Gx2QXahIGwCw&ved=0CDAQtQM&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43287494,d.b2I&fp=6c820480b3278d0f&biw=1600&bih=732

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    Thanks jchebert1979 i had a total brain fart i guess to much Maker's mark before starting the thread. found a place 20 miles from where i am.going try to get some of my co-workers to tag along and shoot . I am the only gun nut in the group. I will try and introduce a few more people to the shooting sport

Rooda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Dallas via Bunkie
    I recently moved to Dallas and work in Irving (originally from Bunkie). I've been to the DFW gun range and shot a few times at Elm Fork. Both have rentals.

DFW is a standard indoor range. Elm Fork is a large outdoor range with lots of lanes. You can either do the pistol/rifle range or the skeet/trap/sporting clays courses. They have a really fun dove course of 50 sporting clays that would be great for novices. I favor the outdoors and space of Elm Fork, especially with the nice weather we will have this week.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I recently moved to Dallas and work in Irving (originally from Bunkie). I've been to the DFW gun range and shot a few times at Elm Fork. Both have rentals.

DFW is a standard indoor range. Elm Fork is a large outdoor range with lots of lanes. You can either do the pistol/rifle range or the skeet/trap/sporting clays courses. They have a really fun dove course of 50 sporting clays that would be great for novices. I favor the outdoors and space of Elm Fork, especially with the nice weather we will have this week.
    Does Elm Fork sell ammo? I'll be in Dallas/Irving for training next week and they are spitting distance from the airport hotel I'm staying at. Sucks they only have Beretta pistols for rent though. :hs:

Rooda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Dallas via Bunkie
    Dave - Yes, they are usually good for ammo.

Also, looks like DFW Gun Range was the one that burned down the other day so I guess that leaves Elm Fork as my recommendation...

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Dave - Yes, they are usually good for ammo.

Also, looks like DFW Gun Range was the one that burned down the other day so I guess that leaves Elm Fork as my recommendation...
    Cool, thanks! I'll have to make a stop after class one day. It's crazy how close this is to my hotel and training center and I had no idea.

Top Bottom