Suggest and easy on/off IWB holster for a G19

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    I'm in the market for a comfortable, IWB holster for my G19. I'm currently using a cheap Galco IWB holster, but its uncomfortable and doesn't conceal well. I was looking at the Comptac Mtac and crossbreed, but it seems these aren't easy on/off. Due to my work, I sometimes need to remove the holstered pistol, so I want something comfortable yet easy to remove and put back on. I like the looks of the Comptac Infidel Ultra. Anyone have experience with it or something comparable? Thanks in advance!

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=261

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I have this holster and couldn't be happier

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K10.htm

I have the split j-hook to attach it to the belt, it attaches over pants and under belt, on-off without removing belt, and a more secure draw than just a clip. Their ultra-thin kydex is the thinnest I've ever seen (or anyone else who has seen my holster) but it is plenty strong for an IWB. I've used this holster for daily carry for a g19 for 3 years with no issues.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I use a Blade-Teck Holster with no problems for my G-22. I have also seen the Hoffner holster and it looks good. It rides high and since it's a paddle, it comes off and goes back on very easy.

ultrux-latch-holster.jpg

Beauxdog

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I use a low rider inside the waistband holster made by a site sponsor, RMHolsters.com, Kee is awesome and makes quality kydex holsters and is local, north baton rouge.

friar8

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Baton Rouge

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry guys,

Didn't see the "IWB" my bad. Both of the holster I was talking about are for outside the pants wear.
    For Hoffner, just Goggle that name and it will show up.

Beauxdog

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Yep. Everyone seems to love the lowrider. The maker created the initial design for the G26, but I had them mold it to allow the G19 (or G17) to fit. I frickin love it.

ETA: Here it is: http://armory.jsholsters.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2130

Have you ever had problems with the front sight catching on the mouth of the holster when you draw? I seem to remember having that issue with one of similar design, but it's been a few years since I had that holster.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I am very impressed with my Crossbreed IWB. My CHP just came in recently and I have had no issues with carrying my G19 and honestly it is pretty comfortable all things considered. After a few days I would forget it is on. :hi5:

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Have you ever had problems with the front sight catching on the mouth of the holster when you draw? I seem to remember having that issue with one of similar design, but it's been a few years since I had that holster.

I haven't. The raised channel along the top of the holster provides ample clearance and the rigidity of the kydex keeps you from twisting the gun inside the holster prior to the sight entering the channel. It's actually a very smooth draw.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I haven't. The raised channel along the top of the holster provides ample clearance and the rigidity of the kydex keeps you from twisting the gun inside the holster prior to the sight entering the channel. It's actually a very smooth draw.

Thanks. I think the one I had was a hybrid, so probably the leather had enough give that I managed to twist the gun too early. I'm glad that one works properly for you :hi5:

Top Bottom