suggestion for FFL transfer near Slidell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WillShoot

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Slidell, LA
    Hi,
    I searched the forum but can't seem to find the old thread. Looking to buy a better hunting rifle and maybe an AK down the road. If you have contact# and cost, please share here or msg me. Thanks!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I remember there was onein MS off I-59 just before picayune, on 443 or something. Anybody know the name/number?

FFL's in Mississippi can not be used for someone who lives in Louisiana.

Or they can, but you will still need to have the MS FFL transfer it to a LA FFL.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have purchased many long guns from Gun Shops in Mississippi with no issues. Pistols needed to be shipped to in state FFL but long guns were never an issue.

Then I have been mislead multiple times. Can anyone provide something in writing about this?

Trusting something a random person on the internet says is always ill-advised.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    https://www.atf.gov/questions-and-a...ed-person-acquire-firearm-under-gca-any-state

May an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA in any State?

Generally, a person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State. Exceptions include the acquisition pursuant to a lawful bequest, or an over–the–counter acquisition of a rifle or shotgun from a licensee where the transaction is allowed by the purchaser’s State of residence and the licensee’s State of business. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C 922(a)(3); 27 CFR 478.29]

After reading it again, I'm not sure if it applies to a transfer, but it definitely does for an over the counter purchase.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    DAVE_M if u get on a mailing list with the gun shows of Mississippi u will get the info sent to u anytime there is a show in Mississippi. It started about 4 years ago where a La. resident is allowed to buy long guns with just the background check.

Top Bottom