Suggestions on a quality lower

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    Really depends on what goes into the recipe to make a good lower.

EA offers a tough coat on there lowers, thats a plus. Do all uppers fit the same on any lower?

Kilroy301

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    All lowers and uppers will fit a little differently. Some fit a little tight others fit a little loose. If you get a quality Mil-Spec upper and lower the fit should be good. S&W, BCM, Daniel Defense, and Spike Tactical are all good to go in my book.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Funny thing is true mil-spec fit is pretty loose, so don't be surprised if you buy quality components and they don't fit tight. If a wiggly upper bothers you, the fix is a 3 cent o-ring.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I like CMMG lowers. They seem to fit together really tight. I dunno if the do like or 0.2 oversize or what but 3 guns for friends with zero play. I was impressed. I like spikes too and get the enhanced cuz it's bad ass.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Funny thing is true mil-spec fit is pretty loose, so don't be surprised if you buy quality components and they don't fit tight. If a wiggly upper bothers you, the fix is a 3 cent o-ring.

Definitely this. My BCM is one of the sloppiest fits I've ever seen on my Spikes lower.

50 x .3 O-ring = Years of the tightest fit you'll ever find.

Get a few extras. Sometimes they fall apart when you open it up, sometimes they'll last through several cleanings.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    stripped lowers are all pretty much the same if you get one from a reputable manufacturer. the upper is what you'll want to invest in. but to answer your question: noveske, BCM, daniel defense, spikes, LMT and a few others i cant think of are all very high quality but can also be quite pricey.

Top Bottom