Suggestions on which Tablet (I.E. Ipad2, Galaxy, etc. . . ) to buy for my Wife.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovetoshoot82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Basile, La
    Hey Guys, want to buy a Tablet for the wife, you know like an ipad or something like that. Just dont know which one would be the best for her. She does photography, so would have to have the capabilites of being able to upload photos from a memory card and stuff. Any recommendations and personal experiences with any of these would be helpful. Thanks

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I love my iPad 2 and wouldn't trade it for anything. I really don't even remember the last time I turned on my pc or my laptop. I just do everything on my iPad 2.

BRBrett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I have an iPad but rarely use it. As a techie I'd prefer an android tablet. There is a lot more that can be done with it but a typical tablet user would probably go for the ipad.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I have an Ipad and use it way more often that i thought I would. AT&T has refurburbished Gen 1 Ipad 32GB with 3G for $429 on the website. That is a pretty good deal if you don't need the cameras on the Ipad 2.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    iirc ipads don't have memory card slots. So your wife would have to d/l her photos to her computer then transfer them to it. I use a Acer Iconia and love it. It has a micro memory card slot and runs on the android "honeycomb" OS. Fast, has cameras, not tied to i-tunes (which tries to take over all your media on the computer), and the wi-fi version sells for about the same price as a refurb gen 1 ipad

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    iirc ipads don't have memory card slots. So your wife would have to d/l her photos to her computer then transfer them to it. I use a Acer Iconia and love it. It has a micro memory card slot and runs on the android "honeycomb"chipset. Fast, has cameras, not tied to i-tunes (which tries to take over all your media on the computer), and the wi-fi version sells for about the same price as a refurb gen 1 ipad

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I have an iPad but rarely use it. As a techie I'd prefer an android tablet. There is a lot more that can be done with it but a typical tablet user would probably go for the ipad.
    +1 I have an android phone ( htc evo) and wife has an iPad.. I use her iPad Alot to browse forums but that's about it... You don't realize how inferior the iPad is until you use the android operating system device.. I find myself throwing down the iPad and grabbing my phone to upload files or pictures or handle files all together... And the iPad keypad layout sucks compared to android.... FWIW...

Last edited:

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la

lovetoshoot82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Basile, La
    Hey guys thanks for all the input, I think I narrowed it down to the Moto xoom and iPad 2. I have an iPhone 4
    And my wife has an android phone so it's already a split house as it is. I don't know if the xoom will be as user friendly as the iPad but the xoom seems to have more features and not as handcuffed as apple makes everything.

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Love our ipad2. The newer android tablets aren't bad either. This is the first generation of android tablets that I'd consider buying (i.e. dual core processors) due to the older generations clunkiness and slow processing of the operating systems. As far as the bashing on the Ipads go, I'm going to leave it because it's clear that this is an anti-apple thread. I'll just leave it with this, apple products work great and work for a long period of time, unless you mess with them (i.e. jailbreak).

For what it's worth, I do like the Xoom it just is a much different experience then the ipad. The HTC flyer was a bit too small for my tastes. The Blackberry isn't bad if you're mostly using it for business. Even the Acer Iconia isn't bad as well.

~rc~

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    I love my Motorola xoom. Using it now, in fact. The only minor downside is that there's a delay when you're typing, but it has been recognized by Google and is soon to be addressed.

lovetoshoot82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Basile, La
    Well guys, picked up the moto xoom today. First impressions is this thing is pretty good. Very very fast response time on everything, downloading apps on wifi is really fast, way faster than my iphone 4, which it should be, but didnt expect it to be finished downloading as soon as i hit the button. One thing that sold me on it, was I can do whatever I want on it without having to jailbreak it and the screen size and clarity is very good. Plus this thing has flash, which we all know apple doesnt, so therefore I can view any website I want. Hopefully it will work out for my wife.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom