Sunglasses

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    ABC Roofing supply.Mirrored or smoked even clear for less than 4 bucks ea.I loose or destroy 2 pair a week.I had a pair of oakleys and had a full length scratch down one side within 24 hours of purchase.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have a pair of Maui Jims that I've had for ten years. I almost always keep them in the car, or literally on a leash. Glass lenses stay clear, and can be cleaned repeatedly--they don't scratch unless you scratch them. Plastic will show wear over time even if you take great care of them. $400 is tolerable if you keep them for years.

For shooting, find some cheapies that you like. There are good quality cheap glasses. I've had Wiley Xs and they broke- came unglued, etc. With expensive plastic glasses you are paying a lot for what is basically a cheap pair of glasses- but they've done a good job of marketing and have a name.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I have a pair of Maui Jims that I've had for ten years. I almost always keep them in the car, or literally on a leash. Glass lenses stay clear, and can be cleaned repeatedly--they don't scratch unless you scratch them. Plastic will show wear over time even if you take great care of them. $400 is tolerable if you keep them for years.

For shooting, find some cheapies that you like. There are good quality cheap glasses. I've had Wiley Xs and they broke- came unglued, etc. With expensive plastic glasses you are paying a lot for what is basically a cheap pair of glasses- but they've done a good job of marketing and have a name.

This in spades.

Glass for driving. Period. I had Oakeys for shooting. They were scratched after the first real range session. I use the cheap stuff now.

Polycarbonate is Polycarbonate. Oakley is actually the worst of the marketers (but certainly not alone). It's still cheap plastic even if you give it pseudo-science names like unobtainum and plutonite.

Last edited:

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    I have and like these:
    a46441dc0aa72a19773f89c6b019.jpg

http://www.lowes.com/pd_310419-4839...CategoriesDisplayView&langId=-1&storeId=10151

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    i have eight or nine pairs of custom Oakley sunglasses that i bought (not just for myself) over an eight month period.. i wouldnt buy anything else...

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I just recently bought a pair of Polarized Bolle' sunglasses. Got them at target of all places, they were $100, but they give you 30% off if you have Blue Cross.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I'd have to check they had two cases full of all different ones but sold one whole case worth at the Slidell boat show. I'll let you know.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    "Pecador" "Zaire" "Permit" "Switchfoot" "Blackfin" "Cabalito" "Ponce" They may have a few others as well. All with the CR-39 lens. CR-39 is resin lenses, extremely light and comfortable. While I really like Glass lenses I wear sunglasses all day and personally prefer the lighter CR-39 lenses.

Some interesting reading.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CR-39

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Revison Vipertail which have an MSRP of $89.99 but can be had for MUCH less.

I also agree with the rave reviews for Serengeti. I have a pair of Serengeti drivers that I bought in 1995 and they still look like new. The only drawback is that the pair I have has glass lenses and are pretty heavy.

Top Bottom